So, why no community created MTX?

There's term in the industry called "stickiness". It's the propensity for a player to want to keep playing a game rather than switch to another. It's very very important to a house like GGG to rate ideas on stickiness.

There are strange triggers that get people to stop playing. One likely one would be if they saw something totally out of place put into the game. I pretty much lost all interest in D3 when I played their "my little pony" land. Other players love it. But choices like that need to be moderated by the concerns of the game.

Letting people design their own graphics would need to be seriously moderated, to the point where it's more trouble than it's worth.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There's term in the industry called "stickiness". It's the propensity for a player to want to keep playing a game rather than switch to another. It's very very important to a house like GGG to rate ideas on stickiness.

There are strange triggers that get people to stop playing. One likely one would be if they saw something totally out of place put into the game. I pretty much lost all interest in D3 when I played their "my little pony" land. Other players love it. But choices like that need to be moderated by the concerns of the game.

Letting people design their own graphics would need to be seriously moderated, to the point where it's more trouble than it's worth.

Yeah the cow level was way cooler than pony land

moooo
I dont see any any key!
Why would you need Steam? PoE itself and other games like LoL do sell MTX outside Steam. I'm just suggesting a process similiar to Steam workshop. Let free agents work on MTX and sell them on GGG's shop, share the profit.

Most people who vocalized their concerns here aren't quite aware of how the process is working for, say, Dota2. There's nothing silly being implemented.

Besides, this wasn't so much a suggestion, but rather a question. There has to be something that keeps GGG worried, like quality ensurance, their complicated engine, no real distribution for third party MTX or so. I thought maybe someone knew anything about that topic because i'm genuinely interested.

(Got those support pack points rotting, that's why i had that thought. Most likely i'll get something like that down-syndrom-bear or so, as there's not too much else in the shop unfortunately..)
"
k1rage wrote:

Yeah the cow level was way cooler than pony land

moooo

Cow level was fine because it was so ridiculously out of place that it completely removed you from the game experience... and you had to go out of your way to get there. Ponies were way too close to the actual game to even tell they were a separate area. Cows with halberds are ridiculous. Cartoon ponies are annoying.
User-made hats would be a bad idea, unless GGG only allowed the ones which fit their theme. I can't see it working out very well, the majority of submissions will be far too silly.
I don't see a problem with it provided that any MTX created by players is submitted to whoever's making them now to make sure that they fit the theme of the game.

This would be win-win for GGG.

Player designs an MTX. Player gets this MTX in game along with 20% of sales (In GGG coins of course, not real money).

A new MTX is available for people to buy and use. GGG Makes profit with minimal work.. How is this bad?
They couldnt do a worse job than 3/4 of the shit out there. I hate the free power ranger armors and other bright shit. Just doesnt go with the game. I want medieval and stuff. scolds bittle was nice but gold? gimme a break shit would be rusted with blood on it.

All I can say is thank god for hideout so I dont have to look at their stupid MTX other ppl are wearing.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 10, 2015, 6:04:58 PM
Could I dye my xxx large white tabula? Or would it make it seem out of place? Just wondering is all.
"
Taelis wrote:
I don't see a problem with it provided that any MTX created by players is submitted to whoever's making them now to make sure that they fit the theme of the game.

This would be win-win for GGG.

Player designs an MTX. Player gets this MTX in game along with 20% of sales (In GGG coins of course, not real money).

A new MTX is available for people to buy and use. GGG Makes profit with minimal work.. How is this bad?

Payment in "GGG points" wouldn't work, as you'd need professional content creators in order to keep the quality level of what GGG already provides with their own MTX. Some percentage of the actual monetary worth, though - that'd get some content creators interested to submit some quality stuff.

w/e, anyone got some info on that front or are we just discussing pro/con of this idea (which isn't what i intended that thread to be, just to be clear)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info