Update on Deterministic Lockstep

Well, i am not sure how good this will be for cross region cooperation (EU GW ping ~45ms , Murinca GW ~200ms , Ausie GW ~350ms) This could cause lots of trouble with unplayable delay.

It's exciting news, at least for solo play. It will be probably connected with beta wipe, so i will have to build Shield Charger again :/
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
My one concern with lockstep is server unresponsiveness/load, as we all notice regularly with things like chests not opening when clicked or opening after a delay, or mobs not dropping loot directly upon their death but after half a second or so.
That said, never again having to suffer rhoas appearing in my face instead of across the screen where they were standing last frame? Heck yeah!
I just hope this won't be just wasted resources for couple of crying reddit posters who are not representing nobody else but themselves.

Current beta state in terms of Dsync seems "good enough", problematic are just monsters. My Cyclone / Shield charge dsynced twice in 10 hours. Once while chaining shield charge to move through long corridor and once with cycloning in Mines, too much shit on the ground there.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
I just hope this won't be just wasted resources for couple of crying reddit posters who are not representing nobody else but themselves.

Current beta state in terms of Dsync seems "good enough", problematic are just monsters. My Cyclone / Shield charge dsynced twice in 10 hours. Once while chaining shield charge to move through long corridor and once with cycloning in Mines, too much shit on the ground there.

A lot of players ( and those playing solo ) left the game becouse of the dysinc
And resourced set aside to tackle this problem is NOT wasted
One of the biggest complains about POE is desync

And chris TY U SO MUTCH ;)
I hope for u all this lockstep thing fixes a lot !
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
Last edited by dragnar on May 7, 2015, 7:39:31 PM
"
Marxone wrote:
My Cyclone / Shield charge dsynced twice in 10 hours.

You surely desynced thousands of times during that time, just because you didn't notice doesn't mean it didn't happen.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Malone wrote:
does it have a cost in term of server bandwidth ?

Which max latency can be expected to be the limit for Lockstep ?

There is no difference in bandwidth for the server at all. The difference is until the server calculates the action you see nothing, so there will be lag based off your latency, where before your client predicted the actions and server ran it separately,

Desync was the issue of the client going I think this happened, (you went around the wall) and the server going, no something else happened (you ran into the wall and stopped). What lockstep does is, instead of moving and your client going, I think you made it around the wall. you will instead have a delay and then the server will go you ran into the wall, and then the client will show you running into the wall.
Instead of a rendering stop, waiting for response in deterministic mode, it should be better to have a predictive moving animation but including the fact action is currently pending (just moving more slowly without hitting for example)... I don't know, just the fact that blocking rendering, even for low latency, sound strange.
Last edited by obi36 on May 7, 2015, 7:45:54 PM
Can't wait to try this out!! Super excited about it.
I'm curious to see which option offers me the better result.

Normally, I don't desync too much, but when I start to desync everything goes
to hell in a handbasket and I'm desyncing like there is no tomorrow, especially near doorways.

Scares the crap out of me on hardcore. Even more the a large devourer pack.

Of course, I still need to get in the beta to try it, but it's all good.
FINALLY
Gotta say you guys Rock.The transperency of things behind the scenes with this game is amazing.No other game I ever played has communication like you guys do with your community.Please keep up the good work and however much bigger this game may get please keep things the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info