[STANDARD] Current Active Builds

Using this build primarily as a map clearer for gem XP, sacrifice pieces and farming. Clear speed is insane, but its pretty passive unless you want to curse mobs (which is really completely unnecessary). The only weakness for this build is Blood Magic or No Regen maps (half regen is fine, just need to turn off AA).

Gear

Bandits - Oak / Kill / Kill

Tree is a pretty standard Scion based SRS build, modified a little bit. This build is super cheap - I linked the staff and belly myself (with luck!), but it will also work perfectly with a 4/2 link chest and a 5 link staff (I currently have another character with that setup and its clear speed is not noticeably different outside of Apex).

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jun 14, 2015, 9:21:20 AM

I saw Mathil's Fakener in action and decided to give it a go - succesfully got all the necessary gear, but ended up using the 6L Volls for another build and so edited the tree and gear to accommodate the new reality.

Tested again with Atziri, and will comfortably do deathless runs in around 8 minutes or so. Not so viable with RF any more, due to the lower fire resistance - but still very powerful. Not as quick killing the bosses, but the life leech gives a feeling of more safety and tankiness.

EDIT: Managed to 6 Link another Volls (213 fusings, not bad) - so have modified the tree again and changed the gear up. This tree should be a little easier to recreate with the changes planned for 2.0

Archived Gear/Tree
New Tree - Level 90

Bandits - Kill / Kill / Alira

Gear

Current Tree @ Level 90

Current Gear

Bonus from the modified gear/tree is what I think should be overall better survivability. We lose the Ondars Guile, but that is pretty useless for melee based CoC in the current Beta tree. On the plus side, we get 30% spell dodge, an extra 10% dodge, and with the Atziri Step we end up with 54% evasion (flask), 40% dodge, and 45% spell dodge. Should be legit. (Should be).

Thoughts?

This thing is fun as shit - now that I have the Volls, the Atziri runs are straight cruise from A to B. I can see how Mathil uses it for Uber runs - I don't have the patience to get the extra levels, though.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jun 16, 2015, 10:32:24 AM

So I saw the Shatterchuck build at work, and then checked out Kilmour's budget version (Shatterchuck Lite), and decided to give it a go.

Current Gear

I cannibalised the Voll's Protector from the Fakener build, and managed to pick the wand up off Poe.Trade for 1ex.

Current Tree @ Level 88

Bandits - Kill / Kill / Alira

Fun?

Shit yeah! It was really fun to level (used Incinerate and Arc when leveling, transitioned to CoC at around 60). Probably not as fun or as fast as Fakener, but definitely worth a shot if you have about 30ex available. I don't see myself leveling it any further, unfortunately, because the only thing left to do is Uber, and thats about 150 level 77/78 maps worth of leveling that I just can't be bothered with. But hey, I've got a fun new toy to farm Atziri with.

I'll be messing around with this for another couple of days, so if you want to party up feel free to PM me in game.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jun 14, 2015, 9:22:11 AM

The FB build is the primary Apex runner. It sits about 36k RT DPS with Inc AOE, and 60k with Conc. Effect. Because of its high block and high damage it will breeze through Apex deathless in about 6 or 7 minutes (if you clear trash). I use this build to farm Mortal sets.

Gear

Bandits - Oak / Kill / Kill

Tree is a pretty standard FB Duellist build, nothing remarkable. I made a few changes to help balance out resists, and I don't bother with Vaal Pact. I have a few pieces of IIR/IIQ jewellery that I can swap in for MF running, it gives me about 150IIR and 30IIQ. Not really worth it.

This build is also quite successful for PVP - I think I took it to top 15 or something in Torment PVP before getting bored with it and slipping down the ranks. It is cheap as dirt to put together - I began farming Atziri with it at level 80 with a 4 link Carcass Jack (CYC - BM - LL - FA).

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jun 14, 2015, 9:21:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info