[BETA Video Guide] Crit Ball Lightning Dual Totem Witch - Shockingly Awesome![HC/SC viable]

The Rain of Splinters jewel has recieved a nerf. It shouldn't be a problem though. I still advice to use this jewel :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hey man! Sorry tried out a few other builds cause I've done a couple totem builds already...Got back around to your build and it's going really well. How far you got?
Hey been following the guide and have to say I love it, was just wondering why you dont spec into the Shamans Dominion wheel just around the start of the witch. Seems like the chance/multiplier would work well with everything else.
Last edited by ArigaThankyou on May 26, 2015, 2:19:56 AM
Looks very promising.
Can't wait to try it out.

How man exlts is this build going to Cost?

This build was even viable on 1.3 with one third of the potential dps per lighting ball so it will be even better on expansion with the lower mana cost on the spell totem and all the major changes around it. Some things i would suggest is on the 6th link.

1. Instead of increased crit dmg as the actual dmg is pretty much running lvl 20 skill gems you can have the new support gem Innervate to gain the onslaught buff also 10% chance to shock extra.

2. In my opinion for end game is better to drop Wrath aura and get Herald of ice with the 6th support gem on your totem being the Ice bite. In this way your cc will be far better and you will have both power and frenzy charges

Its just a suggestion the build works fine even on 1.3 as i said with the 50% more mana cost on casting those totems :P
Last edited by Lunatar on Jul 7, 2015, 2:37:07 PM
Three questions -
1. Why not get a power charge from bandit quest of we're going crit?
2. How does this stack up to a crit flame totem build? Would the dps and ease of gearing be similar?
3. Do you think this build would be atziri viable?

Nice build, and thanks for any info!
No updates with the latest BETA prior to launch?
All that and a bag of chips!
Hello.

Nice build. I built a similar one.

One question though.
You are 3 points of 1 extra curse, why are you not rocking that in the tree?
1 extra curse has always been super strong, has something changed with this new patch?
I haven't played PoE in about 7-10 months. Excited about the new content and hoping to race (at least for a few hours) come release day.

Build Question:
What are the appropriate quest rewards to take in terms of skill gems if you are doing a self-dependent race-like run though at go time?

Based on this link: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/quest.php?c=reward (is it accurate?? shows 2 different rewards for THE CAGED BRUTE). This also shows we can't really obtain Ball Lightning until Act 3 (probably a level 31 gem).

I would assume you go:
START - Fireball
ENEMY AT GATE - Lightning Tendrils (trade a wand for a +1 lightning skills wand, ideally at least 2 linked blue sockets to later combine with added lightning dmg)
ENEMY AT GATE - Purchase Fire Trap from Nessa (?? not sure if necessary but perhaps for faster bosses/elites ??)
BREAKING SOME EGGS - ??? doesn't matter (save an SRS for a 2nd char I guess)
BREAKING SOME EGGS - Purchase Flame Totem from Nessa (?? not sure if necessary)
THE CAGED BRUTE - Clarity or Lightning Warp??? I assume Clarity if we have mana issues, Lightning Warp otherwise for mobility
THE CAGED BRUTE - Added Lightning Dmg (if link is correct), purchase Spell Totem from Nessa

After this it doesn't really matter except in Act II we do pick up HoI (for Hardcore) or HoT and AA at some point. Faster Casting as well.
Can purchase Enduring Cry from another class via Trade.

In Act III we also pick up Wrath and Discipline (to start leveling for EB). Perhaps the suggested Innervate. Also, Lightning Penetration. For future Golem pick up Minion and Totem Elemental Resistances.
Cam purchase Increased Duration from another class via Trade.

In Act IV we pick up: CWDT (purchased), Chaos Golem (for Hardcore) and trade for Life Leech, ???

In Cruel: Reduce Mana (unless purchasable earlier from another class, lucky drop)

The above sound correct?
Nostrademous
Will this build still be viable on the full patch release? Haven't played since 2013, was hoping to get back into the game and I like the idea of this totem build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info