[BETA Video Guide] Crit Ball Lightning Dual Totem Witch - Shockingly Awesome![HC/SC viable]

THIS BUILD IS DESIGNED FOR THE AWAKENING BETA!

IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND THEREFORE NOT A COMPLETELY FINISHED BUILD.

THIS GUIDE IS ONLY INTENDED TO GIVE YOU THE VERY BASIC INFORMATION REQUIRED TO GET THE BUILD RUNNING FOR YOURSELF.

Check out my video-guide. This video will explain the details and help you get a better understanding of how this character works as well as showing in-game footage of how the build performs.

The video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMcDHfhUvWc

If you have any questions about the build, come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:
http://www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro/ :)

What's up my fellow Wraeclast exiles!?
This is my official build project thread for my "Dual Totem Ball Lightning Witch”. In this thread I will cover the basic requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation on how the build works and needs to be setup, check out the link to my video-guide above.

Once again please keep in mind that this is a BUILD PROJECT. The beta is constantly changing and there are tons of balance changes happening every day. Right now I am waiting for Arctic Armour to get balanced so that it can be run with this build as its main form of damage mitigation, until then, we instead have to go for the less optimal way of stacking armour on gear.

When Arctic Armour becomes a viable form of damage mitigation, then that is most likely going to be the proffered choice of damage mitigation for this build.

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. Fans of totems and lightning based builds who seeks an effective, safe and relatively cheap character to traverse the continent of Wraeclast with.

2. Players who seek a powerful build that can reach endgame (So far only tested in 74 maps, but the build definitely has the potential to go to the highest level ones)

3. People who would like a build that is both viable for the witch, shadow and potentially the scion.

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide attached to it.

Skill-gems setups:

Ball Lightning Totems:
Spell Totem, Ball Lightning, Lightning Penetration, Faster Casting (4-link), Slower Projectiles (5-link) and Critical Hit Damage (6-link).

Before speccing into Ancestral Bond I recommend leveling with Lightning Tendrils + whatever support gems you prefer.

Auras/Heralds:
Enlighten (lvl 4)Discipline, Wrath & Herald of Thunder (If you prefer the chance to Freeze above less damage you can use Heralf of Ice instead).

NB: Discipline along with EB makes it so we can cast our totems without using mana.

If you can't get a hold of a level 4+ enlighten gem, then I suggest leaving out Herald of thunder/Ice or picking up an extra "reduced mana reservation" skillnode in the skill-tree,

Curse:
Assassins Mark, Blood Magic (BM to prevent ES shield for recharging, this might be a temporary solution, but for now it works)

Cast-When-Damage-Taken setup:
Enduring Cry, CWDT (lvl 9), Increased Duration (lvl 20), Immortal Call (lvl 9)

Enduring Cry needs to be self-cast (no longer restricted by levels of CWDT either) as it is now considered a "Warcry" and not a "spell".

As long as you self-cast Enduring Cry to keep up your endurance charges; then CWDT will proc immortal call whenever necessary.

Mobility (Optional):
Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Reduced Duration.

Defence/Damage Mitigation:
Arctic Armour (whenever it gets balanced in the beta)

Passive Skill-tree:

Leveling skill-tree, 41 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 77 points:

Finished build 108 points:

Bandit Quest Rewards
- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1+ skill-point
- Merciless: Kill them all for 1+ skill-point

Gearing and stat priorities

When you are resistance capped, this is the stats you should aim for

For defence: (Number 1 being the most important and number 4 the least important)

1. Life
2. Energy Shield/Armor
3. Dexterity
4. Chaos Resistance

For Offsence:

1. Critical Strike Chance
2. Spell/Lightning/Elemental Damage
3. Cast Speed
4. Critical Hit Multiplier

Awesome, uniques that greatly benefits this build:

None of these items are required, however they greatly benefit the build. The Tabula Rasa is only to be viewed as a "temporary solution" item until you get yourself a well rolled 6-link rare item.

The above information serves as a rough guideline to get you started with the build. Again this is a BUILD PROJECT, it is not a complete build guide. A full build guide (if everything goes as planned) can be expected when The Awakening expansion is fully released.

I recommend watching my preliminary video-guide to see the build in action and to get a better understanding of how it works.

The video-guide can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMcDHfhUvWc

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Anyway, have a great day guys!

GG

Kind Regards
Lifting
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on May 8, 2015, 2:16:10 PM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2016, 9:15:26 AM
Please keep in mind that this is a "work in progress"/build project. Certain elements are subject to change.

The above information will give you all the basic required information to get you started.
By the way, if you notice any typoes and such, please let me know so I can correct it. You kinda stare yourself blind when looking at the text for too long =)
Hi bro,

Im still planning for the 1 month race and I need something decent and fun to run with.
Hopefully cheap so that I can keep up with the top 100 as a casual player.

Do you think this build could work for the race? What would you recommend, fireball, arc, fire totems?
Keep in mind that it is the old patch :P

Asking you because all the builds Ive tested that you came up with has been really cheap and strong fpr being in HC which means you doing a great job =)

BR
"
werelykos wrote:
Hi bro,

Im still planning for the 1 month race and I need something decent and fun to run with.
Hopefully cheap so that I can keep up with the top 100 as a casual player.

Do you think this build could work for the race? What would you recommend, fireball, arc, fire totems?
Keep in mind that it is the old patch :P

Asking you because all the builds Ive tested that you came up with has been really cheap and strong fpr being in HC which means you doing a great job =)

BR

Hey there man!

I wont suggest this build for the 1-month race as I haven't tried it on the live realms.

Instead I suggest builds such as:

1. Crit glacial cascade witch/shadow
2. Crit ball lightning witch/shadow
3. Non-crit/crit Arc witch/shadow
4. Dual Flame Totem BM Marauder/Templar
5. Tornado Shot Crit Ranger
6. Incinerate Templar/witch/shadow
7. Zombie/Evangelist Templar/Scion Summoner

I have a document containing guides for all of these except the Incinerate build. It can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XL23pWD2mU0aDwJ3DKwdzzR_xAdLmAFpl64EK1lLfhY/edit?usp=sharing
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on May 8, 2015, 2:06:02 PM
With todays changes to auras, enlighten and reduced mana, the build has received a few changes as well.

Instead of reduced mana you now need a level 4 Enlighten (I know, bummer) to reduce the amount of mana reserved from your Heralds/Auras necessary to run them all at the same time.

You no longer need reduced mana.

(I have edited this into the build guide)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on May 8, 2015, 2:14:33 PM
Liking totems in Beta so far, thought I'd give your build a try. Only 33 and going well so far. Curious about if you are running a golem and which one.
"
Schwarky wrote:
Liking totems in Beta so far, thought I'd give your build a try. Only 33 and going well so far. Curious about if you are running a golem and which one.

Have you gotten your Rain of Splinters yet? If not, then you are in for a treat ;D

For this build I recommend going with either the Fire Golem or Chaos Golem. Fire for more damage, Chaos for a better decoy :)
Yeah i got one...It's a pretty amazing jewel. Fun build, with really high potential I'd think.
"
Schwarky wrote:
Yeah i got one...It's a pretty amazing jewel. Fun build, with really high potential I'd think.

Awesome mate. Let me know how it goes, if you get the time! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info