Sayya's Item Filter (version 2.81) - updated for Ritual!

Don't want to miss important loot, but also don't want to make your eyes bleed?

Look no further! (GitHub link)

Based entirely on colors that already exist within the game (drop colors, item affix colors, and premium tab colors), this filter is designed to: highlight items you'll most likely want to pickup in a manner consistent with default coloring; shrink items that are possibly of interest but not commonly picked up; and hide pure clutter (small life flasks in Cruel, ilvl 73 Vine Circlets, and so forth). In addition, there is a version of the filter that does not hide any items (instead shrinking those the default filter would hide to cut down on clutter) for people who prefer to still see all items.

For those of you who use Filtration, the github repo also has the theme from my filter; however, since I leave many items' text color alone, if you really really want your exalts to be all fuchsia you'll have to edit the script itself in Filtration, not just the theme.

Most of the screenshots are quite out of date at this point, though the overall look and feel of the filter has not substantially changed since then. I will work on getting new screenshots and video up during Legacy league to show the changes of the last few leagues.

Key features
Based on the filter comments:

- Add a currency-colored border to mid-tier currency
- Add a unique-colored border and sound to high-end currency and fishing rods
- Slightly increase font size on uniques, quest items, and maps
- Highlight (via border) utility flasks and high quality flasks
- Add a red border and sound to divination cards
- Handle league-specific items such as new currencies, Talismans, Essences, Breach Rings, and Leaguestones
- Add a grey border, solid background, and sound to 6S, 5L, and 6L items
- Highlight (via text color and solid background) white and magic RGB items a la Antnee
- Highlight (via slight text size increase and border) new Atlas base items
- Add a light blue border to regal recipe rares (not large weapons, shields, or quivers)
- Add a gold border to chaos recipe rares (not large weapons, shields, or quivers)
- Slightly enlarge and add a teal border to valuable and quality gems (red border, for Vaal gems); display active, non-aura/buff skill gems slightly smaller
- Add a dark green border to normal items of desired chance bases
- Add a teal border to specified ilvl 84/86+ items
- Show items with special mods
- Show all white and 12+% magic chisel hammers
- Hide all white and magic items with a base drop level significantly below zone level

And more!

A video explaining the filter and the basics of editing it with Filtration

Additional screenshots

imgur album

Lootsplosion

Planned developments
- None at the moment! I'm open to suggestions for improvement.

Many thanks to:
- Antnee, for his tireless work perfecting the classy item filter and early feedback
- Pneuma, Vyvanne, and TherosPherae for useful answers to silly questions
- Davros70, for his dedication to the best item filter reference available
- AtomYcX, for providing the lovely Filtration script editor
- Dissolator, for his development of FilterBlast
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Last edited by SayyadinaAtreides on Jan 17, 2021, 10:37:51 AM
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2020, 12:45:04 AM
I'm trying this one.
IGN : @Morgoth
Excellent work.

Played a couple maps with it. Here's my feedback:

The yellow bordering on chaos-stuff is well done, but still a touch too bright for my taste. I see it a lot, also. I would suggest leaving it as-is for jewelry, and adding a touch of transparency to other chaos items' borders that don't have a significant amount of quality. Like, just a touch- no more than 10-15 pts should do it.

The bordering on flasks could be enhanced a bit by shifting the red/blue just a little bit (again, just a touch) in the appropriate direction for life/mana flasks. It would be cool to see them alone in the field and think "purple", but having them drop next to each other and seeing the difference.

I like the tiers of font size/transparency. But, when I press the highlight key, completely hidden items still have their regular font, and that feels a bit off. I think darkening would be a good way to go in your case.

The shrinking, but showing, of certain items is neat. I think the actual size could be increased a bit, though, as I did struggle to read some of them. I have terrible eyesight, so take that with a grain of salt and only change it if enough people agree.

Overall its very good, and I can see myself playing a with it.

Spoiler
...And that's saying something
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on May 5, 2015, 6:46:38 AM
I'm a loot-whore, so I dun know how much use it'd be for me and Rhio, but it looks good. Nice work! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Thanks guys! Lemme know if you find anything you'd change, Morgoth. :)

"
Antnee wrote:

The yellow bordering on chaos-stuff is well done, but still a touch too bright for my taste. I see it a lot, also. I would suggest leaving it as-is for jewelry, and adding a touch of transparency to other chaos items' borders that don't have a significant amount of quality. Like, just a touch- no more than 10-15 pts should do it.

That's an interesting proposition, I'll test it out. I definitely don't want to drop the border completely, but I was having a bit of trouble figuring out how to be consistent but avoid "borders for EVERYTHING!"

"
Antnee wrote:
The bordering on flasks could be enhanced a bit by shifting the red/blue just a little bit (again, just a touch) in the appropriate direction for life/mana flasks.

This I very much like. Will play with a bit.

"
Antnee wrote:

I like the tiers of font size/transparency. But, when I press the highlight key, completely hidden items still have their regular font, and that feels a bit off. I think darkening would be a good way to go in your case.

Good point. I never press the highlight key, so I'd forgotten it does that. XD This'll be added for sure in the next couple of days. Thanks again for your insights!

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Oh, one more thing. If you're going to use my highlighting technique for RGB stuff, you should change the background to use full opacity.

The reason being: text brightness is extremely effective in dark, dungeony areas, but far less effective in bright areas because of the innate, slight translucency of how the game renders nameplates. Changing the background to 255 makes the difference in text brightness really pop.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on May 5, 2015, 11:07:53 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
Oh, one more thing. If you're going to use my highlighting technique for RGB stuff, you should change the background to use full opacity.

The reason being: text brightness is extremely effective in dark, dungeony areas, but far less effective in bright areas because of the innate, slight translucency of how the game renders nameplates. Changing the background to 255 makes the difference in text brightness really pop.

I've thought about this, and it's something I might try....we'll see. Aside from near-total dimming, I really dislike changes to item backgrounds. Just changing the alpha might be all right, I'll test it out a bit.

Updated with the new Maraketh weapon bases and dimming of hidden items when the highlight key is pressed to reduce clutter. Also currently working on a filter designed for racing.

Thank you for the update!
My favourite among the filters I´ve tested.
Rgds ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
"
Lazze wrote:
Thank you for the update!
My favourite among the filters I´ve tested.
Rgds ,
L

Thanks for the feedback!

1.11 is through now with the Midgard Mace -> Behemoth Mace change. Sorry for the absurd delay, was out of town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info