State of the Beta

"
Darkaleb wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
I'm sorry but would you really want the top tier to remain the same forever? Maybe you will quit, maybe this is a step to get thousands others to be active in perm leagues that despise mirrored gear for what they are. A 1 time crafted item that will pay you forever without any effort required till the end of times. I can't understand how you miss how wrong that is in a game.

For all i care they just cutoff standard from temp leagues and introduce the new top tiers there. Unless they make some drastic changes to the way standard is atm, there are just to many people who can't be bothered to touch it. Not in the least because of the elite thinking they can make decisions what happens in PoE (or else they quit, lol)

I don't agree.
Power creep could be a good commercial idea in games like Diablo, where you can equip a char with end game items in a week, try to do the same in PoE, even in 2 years, probably. You cannot vanish such huge efforts in a patch, without giving something in return (maybe a vendor recipe? Mirrored item -> 1 mirror each). There is already the continuously nerf policy that has caused a lot of ragequit, but if the policy becomes power creep every main patch, with the actual difficulty in collecting end game gears, you cannot expect players who love perm league to continue to play, as snorkle said.
Although, perhaps, the ultimate goal is just that ...

/signed.

I like the vendor recipe idea of getting a mirror for current BiS shit If new top tier mods are being introduced.

Someone who has farmed for years to obtain fully mirrored gear would be pissed as f*** to see his stuff being worth only 50% after new mods come out. This would result in a mass ragequit.

AXN has made so much orbs from mirroing his stuff, he actually would be happy to craft new stuff and get even higher fees -.-*
IGN Soultakerr
Last edited by maikanafufaika on May 5, 2015, 6:19:05 AM
"
Darkaleb wrote:

I don't agree.
Power creep could be a good commercial idea in games like Diablo, where you can equip a char with end game items in a week, try to do the same in PoE, even in 2 years, probably. You cannot vanish such huge efforts in a patch, without giving something in return (maybe a vendor recipe? Mirrored item -> 1 mirror each). There is already the continuously nerf policy that has caused a lot of ragequit, but if the policy becomes power creep every main patch, with the actual difficulty in collecting end game gears, you cannot expect players who love perm league to continue to play, as snorkle said.

We both know those top items atm will not be even nearly worth half. Even if a dagger comes out with slightly higher dps then loathbane, loathbane would still be very solid. If you are already sitting on a stash of mirrored gear right now, then how hard would it truly be to get new items as they are crafted. Much much less effort for you then for someone who would just start. If you are obsessed wiht BiS in every slot, PoE is maybe not the game you should be playing.

Then again, i might just be biased. I don't even understand why people play standard in the first place.
It's a real shame that a lot of the players haven't been active in over a month.
Thanks for the update Qarl. You've touched, in one way or another, on just about every issue I'm currently having that is making playing the Beta "not particularly fun".

I'll keep running a toon through Normal after every (big) patch to keep providing you guys data (doing my part!), but as a casual player, I just can't stay with the game more than that in its current state.
Any idea when will be the next wipe?
Before, during the real closed beta, they said they wanted to minimize "the power creep" as you like to call it; that your endgame characters will remain strong. Granted, the lvl 100 cap is probably staying, just a few more passives to play around with.

But this "new top tier mods" seems quite unsettling. I remember when they introduced the "new 2h damage mods" which made every bow and 2h melee weapon found before that crap (since you could not even divine to get the new imba rolls). Then came harbringer bows with the epic crit implicit and my (early open beta 7 exalt) phys crit thicket bow was now utterly useless.

Well now, some things make the game more interesting, some just create a new monster.
I hope they make the game more interesting.
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
"
Miská wrote:
We both know those top items atm will not be even nearly worth half. Even if a dagger comes out with slightly higher dps then loathbane, loathbane would still be very solid. If you are already sitting on a stash of mirrored gear right now, then how hard would it truly be to get new items as they are crafted. Much much less effort for you then for someone who would just start. If you are obsessed wiht BiS in every slot, PoE is maybe not the game you should be playing.

Then again, i might just be biased. I don't even understand why people play standard in the first place.

I do like play Standard, not interested in starting from scratch over and over as a "challenge", just for a little new content every season. I like to push a build and a char to his limit and, when got bored, switch to another, hoping my gear has not been turning into crap, as I said. PoE offers this possibility, and this is my playstyle, like a lot of other players, I think. However I don't despise the way other people choice to having fun, like playing ladder.
I'd like to be treated equally.
"
Darkaleb wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Balance

As well as refinement to the existing changes we still have the following things to address:

Minion life and damage
Vaal pact and leech changes
Item mod rebalance
New top tier mods
Unique rebalance
XP gains, and the race to 100 rebalance
Map balance
Master progression changes

Let me translate this for the new players:

We lower minions life and damage
Vaal pact and leech in general will get another nerf.
Item mod rebalance -> Your old items will become crap.
Thanks to the new top tier mods your old BIS items will become crap too.
We will nerf every unique that is not completely useless hard.
We will lower the XP gains and you will never be able to reach lvl. 100 again.
Map balance -> In high level maps even more low level maps and useless vendor crap will drop.
Master progression changes -> tbh no idea... could be anything.......

Ahahah maybe not so tragic, but I think almost the same

Where is this coming from? If either of you took the time to glance at the datamined skill info, you'd see that they buffed 98% of all skills currently in game, not to mention the updates to quality for many support gems (which were buffs).

Such pessimism for no reason. I'm speculating that you two are both Diablo 3 players as Blizzard's mentality has been to nerf something when it becomes interesting so that you only play one specific build per class.
"
Qarl wrote:
As well as refinement to the existing changes we still have the following things to address:
Minion life and damage
Vaal pact and leech changes
Item mod rebalance
New top tier mods
Unique rebalance
XP gains, and the race to 100 rebalance
Map balance
Master progression changes

an official mods compendium on this site would be nice if you change the mods

an interactive website version of the new tree with a search function is going to be nice when you implement it, as well

other than that trading is a chore without xyz
"
"
Darkaleb wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
I'm sorry but would you really want the top tier to remain the same forever? Maybe you will quit, maybe this is a step to get thousands others to be active in perm leagues that despise mirrored gear for what they are. A 1 time crafted item that will pay you forever without any effort required till the end of times. I can't understand how you miss how wrong that is in a game.

For all i care they just cutoff standard from temp leagues and introduce the new top tiers there. Unless they make some drastic changes to the way standard is atm, there are just to many people who can't be bothered to touch it. Not in the least because of the elite thinking they can make decisions what happens in PoE (or else they quit, lol)

I don't agree.

/signed.

I like the vendor recipe idea of getting a mirror for current BiS shit If new top tier mods are being introduced.

Someone who has farmed for years to obtain fully mirrored gear would be pissed as f*** to see his stuff being worth only 50% after new mods come out. This would result in a mass ragequit.

AXN has made so much orbs from mirroing his stuff, he actually would be happy to craft new stuff and get even higher fees -.-*

So sell your mirrored items now while they have value. PoE doesn't do this very often (adding new tiers of mods) because they understand how powerful it is to do so. Realize too that they are likely adding a new tier of mods because they are raising the average map level that players will be attaining, making the need for higher average tiers on items that drop so players can compete. They aren't just adding new tiers while changing nothing else about the game (a la Diablo 3's Ancient weapons). They've thought this through, as GGG typically does. And if they make a mistake, they will admit it, and fix it.

Getting a mirror back for each mirrored item sold to a vendor. I can't shake my head hard enough at this - both of you think this is a good idea? So flood the market with mirrors is what you're saying as a fix. Think about that for a minute and come back to it.

Changes must be made with new content. You choose to play in Standard, I choose to play in Leagues - there are pro's and con's to both. You had to know that with a new expansion coming there would be changes to the value of your fully mirrored 2 year old character who is all but godlike. I hate to sound like a jerk, but spoiler alert: you will still be near-godlike. So chill and use your amassed fortunes to buy/craft even better gear..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info