Bethesda and GGG... Community is priority

"

How is GTA5, BTW? Have the modders started creating interesting things for it? I haven't picked up the PC copy yet, been a bit busy.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Whale that was unexpected. I guess the surprise was probably on porpoise. Poor guy came out of the blue.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 28, 2015, 4:33:03 AM
GTA5 has several mods already mostly graphical or gimmnicky not many content mods yet.

"
Don't forget to give Act 4 / 2.0 a go though, otherwise your feedback might end up being out of date :( Knowing how much we all appreciate it, I'd hate to think it ended up getting ignored.

The only thing that would be worth giving new feedback is to be released "Soon" for 3 years.
No need to play to see more layers of randomness being added and the game becomes even more time wasting. No thanks.

"
What was that word you used to describe yourself again? Parasite, was it?

Still proudly wearing that badge, bertie?

I enjoyed infecting you, without you even realizing it ;)
"
Whale that was unexpected. I guess the surprise was probably on porpoise. Poor guy came out of the blue.

dont think we didnt notice luv
Just remarkable the hate being lumped onto these companies.

Bethesda, who releases sdk's for all the major releases to support the mod community and elder scrolls fans.

Valve, who brought a *free* platform to gamers that supports the gamers with the direction the gaming industry took in releasing/shipping products and patching in features and patching out bugs later. The entire design of steam was to make sure that players had the same version of a game so they could play together/against each other and to integrate match making/server picking within the game environment instead of something seperate like gamespy. It started as a way to support half-life/CS, but was just too golden for publishers and content creators to not leverage. Also created one of the largest e-sports platforms, hosts million dollar tournaments where players compete for cash, created an entire industry around professional gaming.

Both companies with goals oriented around consumers, noticing trends in the industry and bringing solutions to the consumers. I guess they were too successful because they made some money along the way.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Apr 28, 2015, 12:45:17 PM
"
LostForm wrote:
Just remarkable the hate being lumped onto these companies.

Bethesda, who releases sdk's for all the major releases to support the mod community and elder scrolls fans.

Valve, who brought a *free* platform to gamers that supports the gamers with the direction the gaming industry took in releasing/shipping products and patching in features and patching out bugs later. The entire design of steam was to make sure that players had the same version of a game so they could play together/against each other and to integrate match making/server picking within the game environment instead of something seperate like gamespy. It started as a way to support half-life/CS, but was just too golden for publishers and content creators to not leverage. Also created one of the largest e-sports platforms, hosts million dollar tournaments where players compete for cash, created an entire industry around professional gaming.

Both companies with goals oriented around consumers, noticing trends in the industry and bringing solutions to the consumers. I guess they were too successful because they made some money along the way.

Oh yeah, you can't discount the good things both companies have done, but that doesn't give them a free pass on some of the more cynical things as well.

Problem is, as a company gets more successful the more it becomes beholden to share-holders and the ever increasing profit cycle. New revenue streams must be found! But we must consolidate our core products and ensure they are consistent earners! In that case we cannot take innovative chances, we need to isolate our popular products and iterate them!

The whole paid mods thing was a fiasco anyways. Probably sounded really good in the board room -

"Hey Chuck, won't don't we monetise these things, they are essentially that DLC thing aren't they? We nickel and dime the shit out of people for those things!"

"Sounds brilliant Chad! Should we ask the core customer service and technical support teams what they think?"

"That sounds a lot like communism, Chuck."

No thought given to how technical support was to be provided, how use of copyright materials would be policed, how use of integral mods would require multiple purchases. Can you imagine trying to abide by consumer law with 3rd party mods? Fuck that noise.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Are the things the companies are doing cynical, or just being discussed by cynics?

Hey...is this thing on?
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Robert J. Hanlon

Pretty sure it wasn't corporate malice so much as corporate ineptitude, in this case. After all, the bid to monetize mods failed, cost Valve a ton of money, and left them and Bethesda looking stupid.

Sometimes, even completely altruistic innovation fails. Innovation with a profit motive just has more room to fail. ='[.]'=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Hilbert wrote:
There is another GGG? Hmm I heard Good Guys Gaming once not shure if a company.

Because this GGG here is successful ignoring suggestions, feedback and demands for years.

Hey. They don't ignore feedback and suggestions. They simply use too much the word "soon", for years.
"
LostForm wrote:
Are the things the companies are doing cynical, or just being discussed by cynics?

I'm not a cynic, I'm a prick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info