Why don't remain old version game after update at some condition of...

My idea is to not remove old versions of game after update.
Main rules of this Leagues will be that there is no possibility to create new character in it. The Leagues will run until some amount of live players stay alife, for example 100 players, when amount of live players will be reached, league ends and live players will get unique achievement or something similar.

Look also at other My ideas of Pyramid with Labyrinth
and cut throat rules of Wraeclast
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jul 13, 2015, 4:07:33 PM
Not sure if that is a good idea.
cos that would be to expensive for GGG to maintain, I don't see why you would want to play an outdated version after every patch
Splitting up the community into even more leagues sucks ballz
"
Nurgus wrote:
Splitting up the community into even more leagues sucks ballz

Why you say that ?
splitting the community is only important for social ppls and traders, a self found/solo player doesnt care.

but old new/verions of the game together arent a good thing : They make the patchs to improve the game, not to destroy it. If they allow us to play an older version because of XXX reason, they admit indirectly that the new version is badder than the new one!

NO.

But i want a "test mode" perfect standard with legacy items unnerfed (shav, lightning coil, mom, leg leg BoR etc) but also the buffed versions of the old legacy (oro's : 20%-> 10% damage taken).

Even the rares will get the perfects rolls for the mods : tyrannical will reach it's max 169, a 36% "of the magma" fire resistance becomes a 41% and 42% "of the volcano" becomes a 45%.

In this test mode you can copy the characters and stash from the normal standard, thoses items will becomes legacy/buffed variants with perfect rolls for everything rares included. It doesnt change the mods, only increase them to the max available roll in legacy variant/buffed variant.

BUT the monsters NEVER drop currencies and items, only maps. You cannot use craft/currencies on yours items... Everything is locked, you can only use your character, and swap items and kill monsters.
Thoo you can PVP and have unlimited skill reset.
characters will be lvl 95 and gems lvl 20/20 or stay at 21/20 20/23.

A true test mode. The same could be done without a legacy rollback for the special leagues (torment etc). With only the current normal patched items buffed to the max.

You cannot of course transfer a character from this " test mode" to the normal standard.

You will still need to get/find the items in normal standard to use them in this "test mode".
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Apr 26, 2015, 1:22:07 PM
Other reasons aside I don't believe this is technically possible. There is some mix of client side and server side code that goes into the makeup of each patch, and it is very likely that different versions will not be compatible for a number of reasons.

It would mean they would need to set up dedicated servers for unpatched players each time they release a patch in order to support this feature which is very expensive.

"
SorakPoE wrote:
Other reasons aside I don't believe this is technically possible. There is some mix of client side and server side code that goes into the makeup of each patch, and it is very likely that different versions will not be compatible for a number of reasons.

It would mean they would need to set up dedicated servers for unpatched players each time they release a patch in order to support this feature which is very expensive.

with proper version control it should be *possible*, but it would require dedicated servers for each different version server-client pair other than latest, and a lot of headache for GGG that is really unneeded.

poe uses a concept that is popular today - continuous delivery - where you only have one version available for the customer- the latest one.

so yeah, it will not happen anytime soon and most likely ever
Last edited by grepman on Apr 26, 2015, 3:55:15 PM
I think it is not too difficult it is even not hard to do this,and it could diversify gameplay.
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jul 13, 2015, 4:09:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info