Open Blood Rage Buff for mages too.

actually, 2 supports + BR. as for how... that's the TL;DR section. if you read the post, you'll see how.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
Last edited by tsftd on Apr 28, 2015, 12:58:03 AM
"
tsftd wrote:
actually, 2 supports + BR. as for how... that's the TL;DR section. if you read the post, you'll see how.

It's not.

"
tsftd wrote:
Edit: For TL:DR folks, apart from explaining all the nuances of BR so that nobody gets confused, the reason not to extend it to cast speed and global damage leech is that a LL build can get 122-125% total IAS and 22.5% Physical Damage Leeched in 3 links, 0 mana reserved, and just a couple of passives taken (any Regen - can also get from gear, Inner Force passive ring, Zealot's Oath), many of which would be taken anyway by most LL builds.

So how do two supports yield 22.5% leech and 125% attack speed?
15% free cast speed is pretty huge already.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Reviving this due to a PM asking for my calculations.

First of all, this is assuming gear with +1 to all gems, +1 to support gems.

Enhance:
Corrupted to lvl 4
+2 levels from item
Total boost to Blood Rage: +40% quality

Blood Rage:
Corrupted to 20/23
+1 lvl from item
+40% quality from Enhance
40% IAS, 6% Life Leech from base
47.25% IAS, 12.6% Life Leech from quality
Inner Force gives 21% increased buff effect (BR is a buff)
40+47.25=87.25*1.21=105.5725% IAS
6+12.6=18.6*1.21=22.506% Life Leech

Blood Magic:
Corrupted to 20/23
+2 lvl from item (inconsequential, just lowers cost)
17.25% IAS/ICS from quality
I'm not positive whether Inner Force affects it, I think it does:
17.25%*1.21=20.8725% IAS/ICS (if it does)

Thus,

105.5725+17.25=122.8225 OR 105.5725+20.8725=126.445% IAS <-- This depends on when GGG clamps to INT, if they do it for BR+BM separately, this would be 125 NOT 126

and 22.506% Life Leech (not sure how GGG handles leech; based on the gem, they may be using decimal places [this is commonly achieved using INTs by for example multiplying by 10 before math is done, and storing the result, then dividing the end result by 10 when it's used])

Not sure how that's so hard to understand, seeing as how it's exactly what I said in my previous post (albeit without all the math worked out). Do note that some of this math may vary slightly depending on exactly how GGG handles the math (specifically, if and when intermediate values are clamped to INT). However, the numbers wouldn't change more than a couple percent even if they did the math in separate steps, clamped to INT at each stage.
Last edited by tsftd on May 6, 2015, 11:08:14 AM
So, to keep it simple, I forgot about +gems and buff effect (which is being removed, so no sense in calculating it).

It wasn't hard to understand. I just didn't calculate a hard to obtain +gem/+support.

On a side note, I doubt that such an item would be worth the investment just to bump a BR/BM/Enhance setup for another ~11% attack speed and ~3% leech. Catarina doesn't sell boots or gloves often (compared to farming high IIQ maps which drop a ton of items) and they may or may not have the signature mod. I haven't really messed with crafting but I doubt you can add a signature mod; they must be purchased.
Well, im not in the beta so i can't really comment on that -- and it's not finalized anyway. Enhance is no longer hard to get. You can get (corrupted) level 3s for a couple of ex, and vanillas for a couple of chaos. Even uncorrupted lvl 3s are only 4-5ex. Also, keep in mind that I specifically said that this calculation was "theoretically, with ideal gear". I provided lower calculations for more "realistic" or common situations.

However, even with no Inner Force and no + passives mod, we're talking 98% IAS. Regarding the OP, which is what this thread is really about, a mere 50% castspeed+10% across-the-board Life Leech, would make BR required for every caster build in the game, and probably doom CI to obscurity. It's just not realistic.
better yet change the "when on low life" part with "when on low combined life (ES+life)" so if you have 500 life and 5000 ES then the skill will trigger when your char has less than 18xx combined hitpoints.

then it can add benefits for both, casters and fighters.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on May 6, 2015, 9:13:15 PM
And then it sees no endgame use, ever. Nobody's gonna roll with a skill that requires you to be low Life+ES when with few exceptions, that puts you within oneshot range. And you can't go invul or snapfreeze because then youll leech/regen over the LL breakpoint.

BR needs a massive redesign if you wanna see it outside of LL/extremely niche (Frenzy charge build without Frenzy/Blood Dance) builds. Not saying that it SHOULD get one, just that tweaking it isn't going to work. Also, I don't see why casters should benefit from it, there are tons of Melee-only gems and people still QQ about how weak it is. As a caster, you get a weaker Multistrike, no Melee Physical Damage, no Melee Damage on Full Life, no Splash support gem, no Weapon Elemental Damage, etc. Why should BR be any different?
Last edited by tsftd on May 7, 2015, 5:13:44 AM
double totem users can run frenzy, i did some testing and its nice for double totem build.

frenzy, gmp, power charge on crit, increased crit strikes.

gives frenzy and power charges opop for totem build.
Yes, I know. Completely off-topic, but correct. Which is why I said:

"
BR needs a massive redesign if you wanna see it outside of LL/extremely niche (Frenzy charge build without Frenzy/Blood Dance) builds.

Because most builds that need Frenzy Charges just use Frenzy or Blood Dance. And unless you're LL, 90% of the time that's the only benefit you get from BR.
Last edited by tsftd on May 7, 2015, 9:05:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info