Exception Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapCheck

so poosible I can get luck and one of sic portals can work, but still, so annoying this game crash, I hear something about act 4 fix the problem, fingers cross!
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
Hellus666 wrote:
so poosible I can get luck and one of sic portals can work, but still, so annoying this game crash, I hear something about act 4 fix the problem, fingers cross!

They did mention that the out of memory crashes may be fixed but i'm 50/50 on this, it depends on the PC AND it depends on how much they can reduce the game file sizes and whats pre loaded, the problem is that it's probably still going to reach 2 gig at some point(hence the dependance on the PC specs)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Seems legit, now I think about PC upgrade, Im looking for some 8gb ram and maybe 64bit OS, but ram is the issue for me for sure!
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
Hellus666 wrote:
Seems legit, now I think about PC upgrade, Im looking for some 8gb ram and maybe 64bit OS, but ram is the issue for me for sure!

If you only have a 32 bit OS having more more than 4 gig in the PC won't make a diffrence without some major messing about with windows, a 32 bit OS only allows a max of 4 gig to be used even then 500mb of that is usualy locked, so even if you had 8 gig and you still had a 32 bit OS you woudl still only be able to access and use 3.5 gig of it.

Biggest recomendation would be a 64 bit OS if you have atleast 4 gig of ram already...will amke more of a diffrence and then you can upgrade the ram when ever you want.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hate to Necro a thread, but I have been playing PoE since early Beta and have NEVER once had this map crash bug happen until the most recent couple of patches. Im running 16 gig ram on Win 7 Ultimate, which can run pretty much anything that exists still including Fallout 4 on max setting without a hickup. What I dont get is why it started happening NOW, when I have been playing weekly for all of this latest content expansion. There has been no activity on my own crash bug report, so I figure Id reply to existing threads with similar issues.
"A wise man once said: He who speaks with a sword has a cutting wit and gets to the point quickly."
unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 6271 860736 size: 632309

Now I have gone through forum after forum post, the common census is its a ram or win 32bit issue. I assure you I have 64 bit OS and 16g of ram with a 28g page file available. As the last person mentioned, I play a plethora of games that have more drag on ram than PoE (Ark: survival evolved on max settings to list one).

Now this error happens when I'm trying to install the game, I havent even made it to a working game yet. When I go to uninstall and redownload the installer, it says the size of the uninstall is a mere 28m. So im getting this "crash" not far into the install, Yet it sits in the "allocating" stage for a couple of hours. If I open task manager it has my hard drive pegged, but all other resources are fine. I dont understand why im getting this error.. keep in mind I have tried installing this game for the past 3+ weeks. As I promised a friend I would give this game an earnest try, I now find myself irritated by it and because of this issue (which i have with no other software that i have tried to install or use on this system since i built it) I am started to rapidly loose any interest I may have had.

If there are answers I would love to hear them so I may resolve this issue that seems to be common enough, yet no Dev thread/post on a fix (that I have yet to see).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info