What do you do to hide from the spoilers?

"
ironmlh wrote:
You post on the game forums about how to avoid spoilers? Wtf! Just avoid the forums and website all together if you want to avoid spoilers. Easy solution.

I explained what I decided to do, I was just curious what others are doing. In a roundabout way, you kind of answered the question...kind of.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
So far, i've tried my best to not watch streams of a4 and succeeded. But as much as i try, i really can't help reading the forum. It's just too enjoyable.

Yeah, that's where I am -- just can't help myself. Avoid the announcements, avoid them like the plague :)
The longer the Beta goes on, and the longer most of us aren't in it (luckily for you you'll be in soon, if you decide to join), the more difficult it becomes.

For me currently:

I avoid reddit
I avoid most chat channels in game
I avoid a ton of threads one the PoE forums
I have to avoid some of my guild websites threads
I have become a master of skimming thread titles and quickly forgetting any of them that contain spoilers (90% of the time I read them so quickly that if it contains a spoiler, I forget it in about 5 minutes)

I avoid many of the announcements (Thx Chris for the King Kaom spoiler you gave us...sarcasm)

Soon, though I might have to give up on PoE entirely (game, forums, etc...) until release of act IV.

I want to enjoy the new aspects of the game without spoilers. Some players and GGG staff are making this near impossible. I understand their enthusiasm or that they them selves want spoilers (to read or give out to everyone else), but it's not what I want.

TLDR: it's not easy
I established The Church of Keysus

I will be making this site to address pathofexile.com reading on mobile devices.

Then a wild key appeared.
I need more purple titles
Last edited by Ocylix on Apr 23, 2015, 12:55:09 PM
SUGGESTION to GGG:

Like when you created Beta Invite Discussion forum (or brought back... depending on how you look at it), A new Forum for beta discussion should be created and Support Staff should move ALL information about act IV and the beta to that forum.

It's a lot of work, but it's a solution that would curb the spoilers for all the non-beta players (most of the entire player base).
I don't do anything... deprivation is a horrible method of making something "special".
I make a spoiler and hide inside it. then i pretend i have imaginary friends in there and we need to save the world from inside the spoiler. Then i get of the dragon and a week has gone by. Easy.

Spoiler
Boem

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I make a spoiler and hide inside it. then i pretend i have imaginary friends in there and we need to save the world from inside the spoiler. Then i get of the dragon and a week has gone by. Easy.

Spoiler
Boem

Peace,

-Boem-

Hmmm, let me try.

/\
Nubatron

Spoiler
It's kind of nice in here,but I find myself wanting a computer w/ internet connection. That's ok, right? Oh yeah. Now I remember why I'm in here.

EDIT: Added a roof. I didn't want it to rain or snow and collapse the spoiler on me.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 23, 2015, 2:05:37 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I don't do anything... deprivation is a horrible method of making something "special".

I don't really view it as deprivation. More like avoiding the football score until I can find time to watch the recording of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info