What do you do to hide from the spoilers?

Before I start, this is a playful thread and I would prefer the CB test gripes find another home. (Hope springs eternal)

I find myself dodging threads and reading thread sentences cautiously in case a spoiler is imbedded and was curious if anyone else did the same. It is truly amusing the forum-meta, reading the threads in this manner. Seeing something would not be the end of the world, but trying to maintain my innocence as long as I can.

For this particular need, I considered:

Not reading announcements (apparently one of the worst spoiler grounds out there, my eyes are bleeding!)
Not coming to forum
Joining a convent of nuns for a month -- that might be awkward, being a guy and all (and the whole atheist thing might be held against me)

I've decided to filter as best I can, and use the mind eraser from Megamind during accidental exposure. Hah.

What are you doing to avoid the spoilers? Head down on another game? All chats in game off?

Just curious because it's a funny forum-meta for me and imagine I'm not alone.

(Maybe the moderators can do us a solid and re-label threads with Spoiler tags) :)

No, I'm not being salty and here is my proof. Don't open if you are salty though.
I have a key apparently waiting for me this weekend through the Grandmaster, but am on the fence on how/if to use it -- although not a spoiler per se, still would like to see the released product before experiencing it.

Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 23, 2015, 12:19:03 PM
Well, if you want to stay in the dark, don't read any PM that you get on Sunday for the username 'SYSTEM'.... it contains, well, spoilers.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
EMBRACE THE SPOILERS
I watch streams!

No, I suppose that's not exactly *hiding* >.>
"
iHaku wrote:
EMBRACE THE SPOILERS

Hah, you know if the friend I tend to play with had a key I would probably jump right in. It's more fun to both have the WTF at the same time.

Since he has not signed up for the Beta, that's a big fat no.
"
kolp wrote:
Well, if you want to stay in the dark, don't read any PM that you get on Sunday for the username 'SYSTEM'.... it contains, well, spoilers.

Doubt that alphanumeric key will contain spoilers, unless it's like:

ACT4-Spoilers-1234-CC12
"
Nubatron wrote:
Before I start, this is a playful thread and I would prefer the CB test gripes find another home. (Hope springs eternal)

I find myself dodging threads and reading thread sentences cautiously in case a spoiler is imbedded and was curious if anyone else did the same. It is truly amusing the forum-meta, reading the threads in this manner. Seeing something would not be the end of the world, but trying to maintain my innocence as long as I can.

For this particular need, I considered:

Not reading announcements (apparently one of the worst spoiler grounds out there, my eyes are bleeding!)
Not coming to forum
Joining a convent of nuns for a month -- that might be awkward, being a guy and all (and the whole atheist thing might be held against me)

I've decided to filter as best I can, and use the mind eraser from Megamind during accidental exposure. Hah.

What are you doing to avoid the spoilers? Head down on another game? All chats in game off?

Just curious because it's a funny forum-meta for me and imagine I'm not alone.

(Maybe the moderators can do us a solid and re-label threads with Spoiler tags) :)

No, I'm not being salty and here is my proof. Don't open if you are salty though.
I have a key apparently waiting for me this weekend through the Grandmaster, but am on the fence on how/if to use it -- although not a spoiler per se, still would like to see the released product before experiencing it.

Ill take that key off your hands

then you can avoid the spoilers lol
I dont see any any key!
So far, i've tried my best to not watch streams of a4 and succeeded. But as much as i try, i really can't help reading the forum. It's just too enjoyable.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
You post on the game forums about how to avoid spoilers? Wtf! Just avoid the forums and website all together if you want to avoid spoilers. Easy solution.
I had to give up trying. Between guild chat and teamspeak and forum announcements and actually wanting to read dev interviews and seeing screenshots and reading the forum.... ya it just got completely fucked, my want to protect myself from spoilers just got to the point where I basically started watching streams again because theres fuck all really left to spoil that Im actually going to see there, and that turned out to be true didnt see or hear a single thing of importance I didnt already know.

Kind of sad that the biggest thing to happen to this game has been ruined in this respect, I could have done more to avoid certain things but given Im probably not even going to get to play it for another month... how long could that have lasted? Its either actually leave the game for a month or more or just accept the inevitable. I feel like they kind of ruined the joy of the whole expansion with the beta thing and all this messing around, sad tbh.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Apr 23, 2015, 12:41:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info