Divination Cards?

"
morbo wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Part of new challenges maybe? you know collect all cards for the challenge.

How's this different than "collect all the new uniques derp challenge"?

Really hope it's not such a lame thing or anything similar to Atziri pyramid scheme.

She had to make all of her loot somehow. She had a lot of breast augmentations to pay for.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Spede_P wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Part of new challenges maybe? you know collect all cards for the challenge.

Why would GGG make such a big deal of such a not-so-relevant thing?

You could think that BUT there is a lot they could do with something like that, dosen't even need to be specific to temp league.

But they could for example have them as a rare drop on perma leagues(like mirror/eternal rare)
and for each deck completed you get a MTX

Up the rate for the temp leagues and have a unique set of skins for those leagues.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
I hope it is somehow related to difficulty. A way to somehow make content more difficult all throughout the game by applying some kind of buff to zones you enter. Perhaps for better drop rates as well.

I just hope it has a gameplay mechanic and isn't just some kind of achievement thing.

"
Divination Cards

Draw a Divination Card [randomly]
You get an Effect which lasts a certain amount of time.
You cannot draw another one until the last effect expires.

Effects are like League Features

- Rogue Exiles spawn more frequently
- Invaders
etc.

Though, that's not the only thing.

"
Moeeom123 wrote:
Maybe they are a weapon against rng?

I know english but never used the word divination before. Its something like seeing the future / foresight?
Maybe it "tells" about what you'll find, who you'll fight in the nearby future. If you use the card on yourself, what is written on it will be true. These cards will be tradeable, granting a buff for guaranteeing what's written in the divination card.
Example:

1: Divination Card of Singularity:
You will find an unique item in the next hour.

So if you play for 1 hour, you'll find one guaranteed random unique from any source. If you don't play for 1 hour, the buff fades.

2: Divination Card of Invasion:
You will encounter 3 Invasion Bossess in the next 3 area you enter.

So there is a buff on you, until you enter 3 new areas, and in there nemesis bosses will be spawned.

There could be many many many variations of what Cards do, there are lot of stuff from previous leagues to combine with... Exiles, Strongboxes, Corrupted areas, Monster mods....

Well if its not like this, i think this is a good idea :P

i like these trains of thought

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
I know english but never used the word divination before. Its something like seeing the future / foresight?

Something like that but I wouldn't take the word so literally. Divination is just a generic cool sounding word, like Divination Distillate, which doesn't actually have anything to do with divination.

well, maybe not but if you look up the word divine

1. To foretell, especially by divination.
2. To guess or know by inspiration or intuition.
3. To locate (underground water or minerals) with a divining rod; douse.

I dunno that its just a cool word, I feel like theres some relevant thought behind its use even if its not direct.
I hope it would be a sorta different endgame .. maybe you can enhance some boss to farm them ?
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Not a trading card game.

Just, cards in a... trading game.

:/
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Not a trading card game.

Just, cards in a... trading game.

:/

I see what he did there :O!

I hope these cards add another wall to the already massive wall of rng to make me rage quit and come back the same hour. Excited to see what these cards does.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
I guess its like charm from d2
Last edited by xBayoeLx on Apr 23, 2015, 6:52:20 AM
I also think it's to fix the problem of shit drops in endgame. Remember DIVINATION DISTILATE ?

The similarity of names on both items is suspicious to say the least. Seems that the lore name for MF on PoE is "divination" like divine RNG, luck, etc. When a unique drops it's a divine luck moment. Makes a lot of sense.

I this is a good approach to what the item may be, cause loot tables is something both new and old players have been complaining of eternally.
Last edited by chromafunk on Apr 23, 2015, 6:55:29 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Not a trading card game.

Does that mean it's not a card game of its own?

He knew it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242499
Summoning Dan: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1250921
I'm thinking divination cards alter the non-map areas in some way. Like adding map mods to the main campaign if you have them equipped.

Like giving Haste aura to all rare mobs. But adding +20% chance to drop dexterity gems from mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info