We still need more active skill slots - 7 skills for 24 sockets doesnt cut it

"
SVD wrote:
"
vangrandson wrote:
I think we have enough skill sockets: two three sockets from weapons or 1*6, than three 4 sockets from helmet gloves and boots and a 6 from chest.

Now lets have a look on what skills we need:

Damage skill is in the chest,movement in one 3S, curse in one 3S, auras in one 4S, vaal skill in one 4S, CWDT in one 4S.

With the removing of the CWDT + ec + ic + id we can use this 4S for the golems.

As you can see there is no problem

If you remove the gloves cwdt you have more active skills than you have skill slots.
And that while you provided an example with about the absolute minimum of active skills.

zzz was also wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent
thats the one

your example of having enough slots does neither contribute TO or AGAINST the initial feedback

???

You do not need to have auras in the active slots also you only have to recast the golem once its dead so we have 1. curse 2. movement skill 3. damage skill 4. vaal skill so we only have 4 skills to use.

I actually think that we need another 3l not more skill slots.

And yes I didnt bother reading the OP.
Last edited by vangrandson on Apr 22, 2015, 6:39:29 AM
"
morbo wrote:
imo all belts should have 2 sockets, not just a special type one.

In mine too, but a special belt type feels like something devs would find easier to agree with. At least we'd have somewhere to put a vaal skill in.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 22, 2015, 6:41:16 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
imo all belts should have 2 sockets, not just a special type one.

In mine too, but a special belt type feels like something devs would find easier to agree with. At least we'd have somewhere to put a vaal skill in.

How would you set the gems up slot wise?
wtb unset belt, GIVE ME SOCKETS DAMN IT

for summoners....
Spoiler

I have been saying this many many times.

combine the offerings
remove convocation and make it an inherent mechanic of summons

bam gem problems alleviated .

combining bone and flesh wont have huge consequences anyway.
1 minion have notorious durability issues (enough so that ggg is tweaking boss damage on them)
2 bone offering is only ever used against super dangerous mobs, and often in conjunction with necronomic aegis.

3 srs builds already dont care about minion durability, so combining the two wont greatly enhance the strongest summoner build as is

4 summoners already need a mandatory offering regardless, flesh is not optional , we all know it.

as for convocation the skill regenerates 300 hp at level 20 on minions with 400 /s passive regeneration. it need not be a skill.

for everyone...
gem sockets on belts: 2 sockets. no socket color bias
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 22, 2015, 7:22:24 AM
"
SVD wrote:

Dunno about your setup, you have your preferences and I have mine, I'd probably support my fire trap and desecrate with more gems and just toss out the skills I can't get around to using. There are only so many you can rotate before it gets cumbersome to do it all the time.

Last edited by raics on Apr 22, 2015, 7:30:23 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
SVD wrote:

Dunno about your setup, you have your preferences and I have mine, I'd probably support my fire trap and desecrate with more gems and just toss out the skills I can't get around to using. There are only so many you can rotate before it gets cumbersome to do it all the time.

more cumbersome than cycling through aura spells over and over?

i am not trying to be facetious here, i literally do not understand what is preventing them to get their socketing system in line with their active skill slots.

in diablo 3 i had no problem with the skill setup because the decision process was an active one, i get to choose my spell.

in path of exile i first get to choose my skills by socketing them (potentially up to 26 different skills (realistically 6-14 are the norm (14 being aura "bots"))), and then i cannot use them actively and if i want to switch for a single encounter i have to change my setup and change it back afterwards.

mixed signaling sucks.
"
SVD wrote:
more cumbersome than cycling through aura spells over and over?

I don't have to cycle auras on every encounter, I meant that every player has a certain amount of skills he's comfortable constantly rotating, and it's usually nowhere near eight. Activating auras is annoying, but you do it rarely enough and it's nowhere near hunting for spectres on the annoyance scale.

I admit some of my builds have trouble with the number of action slots, some find it just fine and some have trouble filling them with something meaningful. Keep in mind I'm keeping my left click clear (old habits die hard) and I usually have one vaal skill so it's mostly 6 skills on active duty.

An example: Goddess scorned molten striker (which has three sockets less that a normal build)
Right - Molten Strike
Middle - Vaal Grace
Slot 1 - Conversion trap
Slot 2 - Decoy totem
Slot 3 - Whirling Blades
Slot 4 - Ass Mark

Last edited by raics on Apr 22, 2015, 8:15:23 AM
Hmmm, my current char uses only 2 active skills and walking button, is that wrong? I have also 3rd skill, but I cast it once per location...

Spoiler
;)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Limitation breeds creativity.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
Limitation breeds creativity.
I like many kinds of games 😊