Request for dual wield shield.

Introduce a shield that allows this so that a truly defensive character becomes possible.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
not a bad idea, though there are a few things to consider:

1) this could be very, very powerful for ES. top ES shields can be 500+ ES, so with ES passives you're looking at a possible 2k+ extra ES from this.

2) blocktank, particularly with Aegis Aura (even non-legacy), could become literally unkillable. either through double Aegis Aura, or Aegis Aura + 2,000 armor shield/500+ ES shield.

3) Rise of the Phoenix. RF degen damage builds, unlike most other builds, would lose little if any DPS from dual wielding these (no weapon needed, weapon slot doesn't give life anyway), and getting an additional 8% fire res would allow very easy capping of fire res. Heck, it might even be worth it for all spellcasters to take it given that it would remove the need for regen, and RF spell damage bonus would easily offset just about any weapon they might have had.

4) Saffels, especially legacy, but even non-legacy. this would enable +10/8% increased elem and chaos maxres.

5) double prism guardian = all of the auras

6) would anyone actually play a *truly* defensive build? honestly, I think that it could become a (admittedly niche) thing with the new mechanics.

many of these could be mitigated by disallowing dual-wielding 2 of the same shield, but RotP+Saffels would still be crazy for RF, for instance.

If you meant in the OP for it to actually be a new unique shield that allows a 2nd shield to be wielded, then most of these concerns are moot IF its mechanics don't trigger the same issues.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
Last edited by tsftd on Apr 21, 2015, 3:57:15 AM
Yes, I do believe that OP is referring to a new unique shield.
On the first day of gaming, RNG brought for me: one Flame Hellion of Frost on The Rocky Climb.
In which case we can't really say that it would be a "truly defensive character" unless we see something about the shield... take a shield like Wheel of the Stormsail, tack on "you may equip a second shield in your main hand", and you almost become less defensive.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
True.

Show us the unique shield you have in mind.
Otherwise we don't know anything.

Skills have to be reworked though: Shield Charge shouldn't need a weapon. And Shield Throw would be cool, kind of Xena style with her disc. To make it different from weapon throw: can only re-throw when the shield is back, lose defensive abilities while the shield boomerangs and make it bounce a bit (again, like Xena's disc!).
Last edited by Soepkieken on Apr 21, 2015, 6:50:29 AM
i think it would be better as a keystone say:

can use 2 shields
max ress cant be pushed over 80%

keystone should be far away from necromantic aegis.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

The problem with having two shields is more than just max res, read the second post.
That's why the idea is for a new unique shield, not a new keystone.

Also, max max res? That idea sounds terrible.
On the first day of gaming, RNG brought for me: one Flame Hellion of Frost on The Rocky Climb.
i ll think more of a DUAL WIELD 2 HAND
"
lilsabin wrote:
i ll think more of a DUAL WIELD 2 HAND

You want this thread

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info