Loose to much life by hits NEED HELP

no one mentioned this yet:

are your resits values in Normal difficulty (your Hideout)? cold resist is not capped
are your resits values in Merciless difficulty? why do you have them overcapped that much?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Was told that the hugger resist you have the less damage i'll take. And the resist is written for when i'm in lvl +70 map
"
DBM92 wrote:
Is it possible to get an ARC totem decoy ?

It's not possible to combine "Decoy Totem" with any other skill afaik, it just works by itself and any supports that would normally help totems.

Though you can create something like: Spell Totem - Arc - [Faster Casting/Elemental Proliferation/Lightning Penetration/Blind]. It's up to preference what the last 2 links should be, based on what your needs from totem are (ie defensive/crowd clearing/offensive/single target/etc).

As for Lud mentioning your very high overcap resists, I can point out that unless you're running elemental weakness as a map mod very often, such high overcaps aren't needed. Just aim for 135 resists each to Fire/Light/Cold, and if you are weak to chaos damage, look into getting 20-30% chaos resistance on 3-4 pieces of your gear, this will let you face chaos mobs without worrying about insta-death even if you can manage to get at least 0-20% base chaos resist in Merciless.

If your other main concern is physical damage mitigation, your best options (for now) are among the following:

1) using cast when damage taken setup: Cwdt (lvl 3) - enduring cry (lvl 6) - immortal call (lvl 5) - increased duration (lvl 20 or high as possible)

2) using Lightning Coil as a chest piece and getting extra light resist on other gear/aura to compensate for its penalty

3) using Cloak of Defiance or Mind Over Matter in combination with Eldritch Battery/Arctic Armour with roughly 275-300 mana regen a second, including highest level Clarity possible; you'll want a free mana pool as large as possible, preferably 1-1.5k+ - the bigger pool you have the bigger initial single hit you'll be able to take before dying (though for concern about smaller/medium hits mana regen would be a primary issue before mana pool).
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
But if i'm using cloak of defiance mind over matter i'll loosing mana when i get hit that's Why i'm NOT using it anymore and i Will loose lot of life if i get rit of the chest armour i using now /:
"
DBM92 wrote:
But if i'm using cloak of defiance mind over matter i'll loosing mana when i get hit that's Why i'm NOT using it anymore and i Will loose lot of life if i get rit of the chest armour i using now /:

Yep, that is why when taking MoM you have to have excellent mana regen to go along with it, so you can also support mana costs of skills.

I also feel like you are taking more damage on your char than you should be in some cases, as being a caster is typically meant to NOT sit there and be tanky/take lots of damage. The defenses added by Cloak of Def are meant to "assist" your own efforts to stay alive, not become an absolute shield for you from death. Meaning, you still need to kite and reposition and avoid certain enemies/attacks no matter what armor you wear. There is also a balance you have to find between how much life/resist/defense is offered by a rare or other unique versus what Cloak offers - a balance that depends 100% on your personal playstyle.

There is no doubt though: if your free mana pool and regen are good enough with Cloak/EB/MoM, it is far superior defensively to just about anything else.

Of course, this will all change in a matter of hours as beta opens, so....yeah :)
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
is it possible to get life og mana regen on gloves instead of the body armour because i will loose to much life and the cloak of defiance is to expensive ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info