Connection issues

Hey, I've recvently started having connection issuses in POE.

Using wireless connection (Tries switching to wired, no help there), also nothing else 'lags' just Path of Exile.
I have been playing POE on and off for the past 2 years and never had this problem.

The problem started last weekend.
I connect to the game, but at random times everything stops moving. I can still move my character and a few monsters follow me, but nothing happens, attacks dont trigger, flasks stay full, can't switch areas.

Tried updating my GPU driver, my network driver, my router, everything.

This is my specs, so I know it's not the machine:
i7 4790k
MSI Gaming GTX970
16 Gigs of RAM

WinMTR output, I took it while playing and having this issue:

It is gotten to the point that the game is unplayable, I just keep getting stuck and diying because I'm not able to respond to anything.

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me,
Thank you for your time :)
Last edited by MBoomer on Apr 18, 2015, 2:30:02 PM
get version 0.92 of winmtr. You have an old broken version.
"
Drakier wrote:
get version 0.92 of winmtr. You have an old broken version.

That's the one listed in the sticky thread :p Thanks though

I updated the main post with the new results
Which sticky, so I can get it updated?

Also, was that trace capturing when you experienced issues? I ask because I don't really see anything standing out as wrong.
This sticky:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/554733

Reffers to this page:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361292
This is the one with the old version link

I will do a longer run with the game running, I'll try to catch it again

UPDATE

I Managed to play for a pretty long time, I was about to give up and say it was magicly fixed.
aaaaaaand it happend again :\

Last edited by MBoomer on Apr 18, 2015, 2:56:34 PM
This is happening to me as well but at a smaller, acceptable level. At first I thought it was my internet but I tested that in other sources and it was fine.
Can anyone help me with this?
The last trace is a bit inconclusive... can you provide another one that contains the problem?

More samples give better datasets and can make diagnosing easier.

I see a little increase in latency and a little packet loss on the last two hops, but it's hard to say if those hops are the issue at this point. The latency starts earlier but doesn't look completely abnormal.
I did a few more tests and they all came out about the same,
a few drops in the second from last, and a drop at the last one just when I get desynced-disconnected

EDIT:
Hmmmm.... it looks like sometimes it's just a really really long desync and not a full disconnection, the game returns to itself after a few minutes
Last edited by MBoomer on Apr 30, 2015, 3:26:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info