Stat Requirements on Gems. Heralds & Golems all need 'Int'

Herald of Ash: Str & Int
Herald of Ice: Dex & Int
Herald of Thunder: Int

Fire Golem: Str & Int
Ice Golem: Dex & Int
Chaos Golem: Int

Why are the requirements so out-of-balance? And, "for appropriate roleplaying" is not an acceptable answer in my opinion.
Last edited by roddyriot on Apr 18, 2015, 9:19:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's beta bro.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
RNG
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
They're "spells". I'm personally surprised that more auras don't have intelligence requirements (though the damage-dealing ones, Wrath/Anger/Hatred, do).
Its the theme of the game?

I could just as easily make a list of gems that int users need that have other reqs but im too lazy.

Point is 95% of all builds have to get many off color gems (in respect to their alignment) its what gives chromes value.

"
They're "spells". I'm personally surprised that more auras don't have intelligence requirements (though the damage-dealing ones, Wrath/Anger/Hatred, do).
All heralds have secondary effects that are similar to spells, ice nova, fire nova, thunderstorm etc.
Last edited by Splift on Apr 18, 2015, 9:30:16 AM
Answer: The driving philosophy is that anything that provides a bonus should come with a cost. Stat requirements are a cost when ever they use a stat that otherwise wouldn't be raised. Thus the INT requirement is a way of making these effects cost something for builds that would otherwise not use INT while not having a cost for those that do.
It's quite simple really. If a golem is too dumb to move it isn't very useful.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
roddyriot wrote:
And, "for appropriate roleplaying" is not an acceptable answer in my opinion.

Doesn't really matter if the answer is "acceptable" to you. That is the reason. Certain types of skills fit the theme of a particular attribute more than others. If you want that skill, you need to put at least a little effort into getting the corresponding attribute. And it's not like it's THAT hard to do usually. You'll almost certainly be going right past at least 1 or 2 +30 nodes and maybe a +20/+20 for the other 2 attributes. That will easily cover hybrid spells at least. You might need to get 1 or 2 pieces of gear to use a max level pure attribute skill, but even then it's not THAT bad.
If i am not mistaken , ALL MINIONS require int. I dont care about heralds , just get some int , its not hard
Enfeeble / Vulnerbility also require INT >.<
At least one of these should be a red gem.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Last edited by Auxion on Apr 18, 2015, 8:25:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info