A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

The change is for the beta server. Why would people assume that the change should be considered in a bubble without any other balance changes occurring?
TBH the effect would look better on Manashield.

But we all know it will end up in that:

<----- What GGG does What players want--->
"
imcalledtyler wrote:
The change is for the beta server. Why would people assume that the change should be considered in a bubble without any other balance changes occurring?

Because that is how the OP presented the change.

Go re-read the OP, it is quite obvious. No other information was given, outside of EB changes.
"
imcalledtyler wrote:

they dont, but opinions were asked for purely based on what was shown, which was at first just a screenshot and then with some additional machanics. No other info was given.

When they do this stuff they probably dont know themselves how its going to work, how it could work, what all the potential problems of doing it different ways are etc. I think Rory threw out just a screen at first because he wanted speculation and theory crafting based on speculations to generate ideas, trash ideas etc both inside and outside the box. I dont think he wanted us to say to ourselves "well that looks absolutely apocalyptic but they wont release it unless they have balanced other mechanics to make it work so I'll just say 'Yeah mate looks cool cant wait to try it' and leave it at that." which is what I think a lot of people have done.

"
Khoranth wrote:
So you are saying the new EB is 100% worthless? Not just worthless for spell casters.

So only summoners, and maybe some oddball elemental melee build may find it useful?

well, we wont know until we try it but I cant see many uses for it in theory. Totem builds maybe? I mean, I can see people using for attack builds as has been suggested, and for MoM builds, but Im not convinced theyre actually going to be good builds that rival or exceed just doing a normal melee build. People do MoM melee already, Cloak Of D melee etc, Ive never tried it but I cant see them being even equal to a normal well made melee char. Some people still do it though, for whatever reason. I can see it being used by a small amount of builds, I can see many of those using it in a way that isnt just a heavily nerfed version of what we have already aside maybe totems and summons?
The OP has been edited a dozen times so while in the beginning it may have been in a bubble, I'll rephrase: "Why are people still assuming that there won't be any other balance changes to go along with it"

In any case, I don't really see the point in getting MoM and EB with the change since without either, your ES will take 100% of your damage and with both your ES will take 30% of your damage so you're effectively reducing the utility that you get from ES.
"
imcalledtyler wrote:
The OP has been edited a dozen times so while in the beginning it may have been in a bubble, I'll rephrase: "Why are people still assuming that there won't be any other balance changes to go along with it"

In any case, I don't really see the point in getting MoM and EB with the change since without either, your ES will take 100% of your damage and with both your ES will take 30% of your damage so you're effectively reducing the utility that you get from ES.

theyre not, but...

"
Rory wrote:

Edit: Thanks for your thoughts, everyone! The team will definitely be discussing it on Monday, and we'll keep you abreast of changes as they're made. Keep your concerns and suggestions coming.

I agree with you though, if you can sustain es to the point where you can cast 100s of it per second and either leech all that back along with recovering from damage or just out regenerate it, surely its better just being normal es right? I have a hybrid char with over 8000 effective life, and thats using an aegis shield and ghost reaver to maintain it, if I could regen or leech enough to sustain it without aegis and I used a 500 es shield... the hp pool would be insane.
Truthfully, I want EB and MoM to be separated from each other so that GGG can move MoM to the top of the tree since it makes more sense thematically. It's also my main reason, does that make me a bad person?
theres alot of options here... im not for it or against it but u will have to make decisions based on this that will forever impact ur game and live with the consequences as well. if u do choose this route then make sure that all of the options are available!!!

with es separated from mana... u ggg have opened a paradox gate that goes to hell!!!

-es mana gained on hit gems
-auras can be reserved separately to es or mana or life. es magic gem.
-reservation of auras can start on mana or es first... which one??? and continue to reserve through the other.
-the cost of skills can go to es, mana, or life.( or split between 2 of ur choice)
-a skill like arctic armor can be put on es instead of mana?? ghost reaver replenishing it.
-think about all that then what changes u can apply to the tree that are just as crazy \O.O/

my brain just imploded from the black hole u created.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
leighferon wrote:

my brain just imploded from the black hole u created.

Same thing happened to me when I saw it. Also there's a ES on hit jewel which is probably better than having it as a gem since it's global instead of just what it's supporting.
Only noobs think CoD/MoM/AA is OP or even powerful defenses. Show me one COD user doing uber if its so powerful. Meanwhile tons of CI do in melee or ranged. Tons of Lightning Coil do. Tons of low life do. Tons of evasion char do.

Biggest problems are
-less OP aura running
-Dead in the water on fast successive hits (cant cast, AA shuts down, cant Life Leech, can't lightning warp away and dead is typically how it plays out)

CoD should not have been nerfed the first time and this nerf makes an interesting cobbled together mechanic of MoM + AA obsolete.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 23, 2015, 6:42:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info