Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

A potential change I'm keen to hear your thoughts on

"
"
WShinikaru wrote:
All of my 'NOPE' wrapped up in a neat and tidy package with a pink ribbon.
The possibilities are pretty nifty to think about, and having it as an additional node behind Eldritch battery (like Mortal Conviction for Blood Magic) would be a pretty nice concept.
But changing what Eldritch battery is currently to this? ...No...just...no...
Exactly this. OR, they should put a % reduced mana regen stat on EB or something because it seems like they really want MoM to die.

the point of eb is to get more open mana to use for stuff like MoM

now you actually have to invest into es regen thought to make MoM work (instead of just regenerating mana. duh).
pretty innovative changes.
looking forward to seeing 2.0 as a finished product.

do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
"
"
"
WShinikaru wrote:
All of my 'NOPE' wrapped up in a neat and tidy package with a pink ribbon.
The possibilities are pretty nifty to think about, and having it as an additional node behind Eldritch battery (like Mortal Conviction for Blood Magic) would be a pretty nice concept.
But changing what Eldritch battery is currently to this? ...No...just...no...
Exactly this. OR, they should put a % reduced mana regen stat on EB or something because it seems like they really want MoM to die.

the point of eb is to get more open mana to use for stuff like MoM

now you actually have to invest into es regen thought to make MoM work (instead of just regenerating mana. duh).

Correct me if i'm wrong, but MoM takes from mana, not ES, so how does that make sense?
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
Looks pretty bad to me. 0/10. AA/MoM dead.

For everyone worried about AA...if that is the only problem, can't they just adjust the costs of it accordingly? As was already noted, this change, like EVERY change in a patch of this size, is not happening on its own.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life means that your ES is over your mana, and not over your life, as seen in the screenshot. Since it's not over your life, damage that's doing to your life isn't intercepted by ES. Since it's over mana, damage going to mana (Mind over Matter, etc) will hit ES first, except in the case of Chaos Damage, which bypasses ES and would go straight through to mana.

This directly contradicts posts Rory has made about the change (about "Mind over Matter"), including the edited OP. Someone please actually clarify this definitively.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 17, 2015, 10:41:34 PM
EB was a good option to support high mana cost builds, now that EB wont give high mana regen you risk making it a useless keystone.

on the other hand if MOM used ES before mana that would be interesting
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life means that your ES is over your mana, and not over your life, as seen in the screenshot. Since it's not over your life, damage that's doing to your life isn't intercepted by ES. Since it's over mana, damage going to mana (Mind over Matter, etc) will hit ES first, except in the case of Chaos Damage, which bypasses ES and would go straight through to mana.

This directly contradicts posts Rory has made about the change (about "Mind over Matter"), including the edited OP. Someone please actually clarify this definitively.
If this is the case, why even make the change lol seriously.
I would like to know the truth also.
Steam- squurellkiller
Last edited by squurellkiller on Apr 17, 2015, 10:43:47 PM
"
Correct me if i'm wrong, but MoM takes from mana, not ES, so how does that make sense?

See this:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life] means that your ES is over your mana, and not over your life, as seen in the screenshot. Since it's not over your life, damage that's doing to your life isn't intercepted by ES. Since it's over mana, damage going to mana (Mind over Matter, etc) will hit ES first, except in the case of Chaos Damage, which bypasses ES and would go straight through to mana.

@HikaruYami I'd trust Mark's quote because it appears as though he's quoted the keystone phrasing.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"

See this:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life] means that your ES is over your mana, and not over your life, as seen in the screenshot. Since it's not over your life, damage that's doing to your life isn't intercepted by ES. Since it's over mana, damage going to mana (Mind over Matter, etc) will hit ES first, except in the case of Chaos Damage, which bypasses ES and would go straight through to mana.

@HikaruYami I'd trust Mark's quote because it appears as though he's quoted the keystone phrasing.

So all this change would do is make it look cooler, complicate it a bit, and make MoM useless against chaos? Idk, but doesnt seem like a big change to me, but is better than what Rory said.
Steam- squurellkiller
"
jerg wrote:
Muh near-perfect HC 6L legacy cloak.

40 ex friend :D ? .

I started out kinda of meh towards the whole idea , after reading through the posts and trying to think of builds i can see many that can use this to their advantage.

I think it should be tried out now that we have the chance in beta , but should not be set in stone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info