what is a vaal orb worth?

i just picked my first one up. i was told it was worth 1 chaos. is this true?
Probably bullshit. Vaal Orbs are harder to come by and used mostly at the endgame. I don't know, search the exchange ration on the internet?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Probably bullshit. Vaal Orbs are harder to come by and used mostly at the endgame. I don't know, search the exchange ration on the internet?

it's usually 1:1.5c but the prices change all the time. Internet helps only to a degree. Ratios are not fixed
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Standard 1vaal = 5 chaos

Hc 1 vaal = 0.5-1 chaos (ppl dont vaal things in hc cos they cowards)

I hope i helped you ;)
5 chaos in standard? That's insane. It's basically 1c in temp leagues.
Its hard to find them at better rates then 1:1 on hc. But If you try you might find them at 3:2 or 4:3, less likely though.

Try and stock up at merge if you can (if you get to the point were you need stacks of them)
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Apr 17, 2015, 4:51:22 PM
A Vaal Orb is worth whatever utility is gained or not gained when it is used on an item. Therefore, placing a 'value' on a Vaal Orb is impossible because of the infinite uses and possibilities.
They are worth 1 chaos in my book anyday.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
The OP is clearly referring to the *market value* of Vaal orbs, so your (grant) answer is not helpful.

Also, strictly speaking, it is not even correct from an economics point of view. The value of a Vaal orb *to you* is simply the (marginal) utility you gain from it. You don't need to use it on an item to gain this utility. To me, the value of a Mirror of Kalandra might be 2 (real world) cheeseburgers, just because I like how it looks sitting in my stash.

To OP: At least in Standard, a Vaal orb can be sold for about 1.5 to 2 Chaos currently. I've seen people offer Exalteds for 25 Vaal orbs.
Last edited by habkor on Apr 17, 2015, 5:17:50 PM
25vaal:1ex on standard is the price I see most often.

They are worth slightly more than 1chaos each.

About 1:1 on temp leagues atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info