More gems, no sockets

"
Quantume wrote:
Since multistrike and echo got introduced, they became almost mandatory.
They are so good, that there's almost nobody who doesn't link them as first choice.
So that's minus 1 sockets for mostly all builds, trappers logically excluded.

Still waiting for the green gem projectile/bow version of ms/echo, or maybe they just change ms to also work with bows.

Then we got a ton more gems, convocation, offerings, and now with Awakening even more...
but our socket amount is still unchanged since beta.

Here are some things that should be worked on:

1) Allow sequence macros

The action bar is ridiculously small and restricted, reactivating auras or switching between mobility/curse/buff skills is the stupidest thing ever.
I don't mind if the action bar stays that small, if it only would allow us to chain multiple skills in one button, like you can do in wow with /castsequence macros.

For example, you could cast a zombie 3 times, 1 curse, and flesh offering, all in the same button,
with a personally customised cooldown. Limiting our keybinds to a fraction of the skills we could use, and forcing us to manually drop select auras/minions/offerings/curses, every fucking time we relog or swap gear is absolutely ridiculous, annoying and from a ui design point of view absolutely retarded.

2) More sockets

Belts for starters should have 2 sockets, no problem. Mobility, warp+fc, leap+fa, a "free" 2L belt doesn't break the game in any way shape or form.

I would even suggest 4sockets for any shield and 1h weapon that has room for it, no daggers/wands or any other 1x3 sized items. To compensate and avoid favorism, these small items would have their base values like attack speed, dmg, crit, etc. buffed really well.

3) Merge gems

Many support gems could be merged, like minion life+res, minion speed+dmg as the most obvious example. Accuracy, crit dmg, crit chance, powercharge on crit, etc.

Throwing 100 new gems at us every year just doesn't work...

I really like the idea of merging gems (sorry going a little backwards here)
There does seem to be some redundancy about gems, some doing the basically the same thing, so why not just make them one flat ability, like crit/spell crit, just call it... crit.
Some I don't think people even use at all, but its still in game...like accuracy? I could be wrong.

As far as action buttons, go technically you already have 8.
If we look at the default binds, you have left/right mouse and middle mouse button.
Then you have the basic 5 buttons which was QWEFG or something? mines QWERT I swapped middle mouse with S instead. But I think thats enough people just need to get used to doing it D2 style, which was holding shift + left click or right click if you were a caster.

What I would like to see is button swapping / better binds.

What I mean by this is if you look at the default button E on you bar. Sometimes when you want to use another skill (say aura buffing) you have to manually click it, pick the aura you want then hit your bind so as an example, E = Herald of Ash, click to swap E again to caster Hatred. (This is what I do)

I'd like to see them maybe let us do use modifiers so I can just go E for HoE then shift + E for Hatred. I think that would free up some slots.
Or just simply holding a modifier like ctrl, alt, shift and a new bar overlaps the default like WoW and a razer naga when you use the default setting.

The last option I like the best is just clone the way D2 did their bars, So you could hover over the chosen skill then just select your bind, so when you use the ability it simply just swapped to that ability ofc that works better when its in conjunction with left/right mouse buttons.

I think the big ticket will be just removing unused skills or unpopular skills rather then buffing or changing the skills. I am sure there is a database or a excel spread sheet on their end that has a list of unpopular skills.

hue hue hue~ Jokes on you GGG.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Inb4 GGG nerfs Echo/Multistrike instead of introducing more sockets.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
i really hate how the mere existence of echo and multistrike gems, made them a must have and also lead to a skill tree nerf of attack/cast speed nodes.
i hope they remove those gems completely and buff back the skill tree.
"
Quantume wrote:
Since multistrike and echo got introduced, they became almost mandatory.
They are so good, that there's almost nobody who doesn't link them as first choice.

eee.. no?

both echo and multistrike are good for some and BAD for some. it is not fault of devs that most people cant really do math themselves (or do math ONLY) and link these two as their first choice

each time i see someone use multistrike with static strike i cringe and laugh inside.

links make a good case of 'think and select wisely'. rich can bypass the 'select wisely' as they have access to 6Links

im still bit sad that ggg trivialized mana management few patches ago
amount of sockets is fine, the point is to choose not get them all. that being said GGG should take a look to gems balance, some are far stronger than others in pretty much every aspect.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Apr 19, 2015, 11:57:45 AM
I like having more skills I want than I have sockets, it leads to more interesting choices and promotes diversity.
Honestly, the choices about what skills to use are just awful, and makes you skip things like Vaal skills, or a single target. For some builds it's just hell.

Here is a suggestion: every class has an extra space with only sockets (skill gem augmentation). You can link and recolour them at will, but the colours depend on your class alignment. Also, you unlock new sockets per level (start with one, extra socket per ten levels and after getting a limited number (4?5?6?) you get a guaranteed link number floor per ten levels, without giving a free 6L, of course (or at least not until you get to a really high level)).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 19, 2015, 12:51:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info