Random latency spikes leading to death or disconnect.

Using f1, i watch, as im sitting still in my h/o the latency graph. I get latency spikes about once a minute give or take. they are from 100ms to 999ms. This either kills me if I actually play, or boots me off. I may get booted to log in screen once every 5 min.

This happens on my laptop and my 3 desktops. I have bought another cable modem, and am now using comcasts cable modem/router.

A technician came today and opened the cable box and removed an old HBO filter, replaced a ground wire, some coax fittings etc, and after hardwire inspection, ran a 5 minute signal test which passed, showing an excellant signal.

He even had them resend the signal just for fun, to make me happy.

I ran my own ping test of 1000 pings to google, while watching f1, and see latency spikes going to very high ms , and have constanct 25 to 28ms pings doing /ping google.com -n 1000. This indicates that I am good on my side.

Now, I see many posts displaying 'hops' from one place to another, until it gets to GGG, but I can not drive throughout the country inspecting junction boxes. I have no issue with any other online game but this one. With the frequency of complaints, I am going to go ahead on point the finger at GGG.

If anyone has any other ideas that might help me, I will certainly try them.

If it doesnt clear after the start of the next league, I gotta go. Unplayable currently.

Instead of pointing a finger without any data to back it up, perhaps you should try running a WinMTR trace like those other posts you've seen and we can take a look and see where the issue might be.

Check the Consolidated Technical sticky post for more information on how to run a WinMTR trace... and make sure you're using the most recent version of WinMTR ... I think that is 0.92. Don't use the 0.8 version.
No evidence? I feel like you are saying the only worthy evidence is that trace that is being used to discredit issues belonging to the game company. I have given plenty of evidence and if you look at the number of posts about latency issues, the evidence is mounting. MANY players are posting about fps /latency issues, which go hand in hand, over the last couple of days.

I do know that usually before a major patch, gameplay quality dips in most mmos. I am going to wait until the patch, and then the patch for the patch, but if it is not resolved afterwards, I will have to move on. This is not an end user problem, I just wish that there would be some honest accountability seen from the GGG side.

"
zhexek222 wrote:
No evidence? I feel like you are saying the only worthy evidence is that trace that is being used to discredit issues belonging to the game company. I have given plenty of evidence and if you look at the number of posts about latency issues, the evidence is mounting. MANY players are posting about fps /latency issues, which go hand in hand, over the last couple of days.

I do know that usually before a major patch, gameplay quality dips in most mmos. I am going to wait until the patch, and then the patch for the patch, but if it is not resolved afterwards, I will have to move on. This is not an end user problem, I just wish that there would be some honest accountability seen from the GGG side.

And what most users fail to understand is that the internet isn't flat, and they don't live 1 hop from the server.

The internet is like an extremely large city. When you want to get from your house to the grocery store, you take a certain route of streets to get there, correct? When you want to go to the library, you take a different path.. Sure the paths getting out of your neighborhood and onto a main road might be the same, but eventually the routes diverge and go down different streets.

If there is heavier traffic on the other road, or it has road construction, that is going to dramatically alter the time it takes to get to your destination. If you live on a different side of town than me, I don't have to take the same route to get to the same place most likely, and I might not be affected by whatever traffic and construction you are being halted by.

Just because you can ping google successfully, does not mean anything. It literally only means that you are able to get a packet from your home PC, to the google servers, then back. Your internet has a connection. Yay. That's about all you can get from that information.

In order to get PROPER data and information, we have to be able to SEE the route you are going on, and measure the conditions of the road. This is akin to driving on a route and getting information about traffic and road conditions. It is similar to what Google Maps does to get Traffic information. They poll all the android phones running GPS on a certain route to collect the data about speeds, etc. They use this information to gather the data to tell you whether traffic on a specific route is going to be heavy or not.

We need this sort of data for your internet route as each route is unique and different. Just because "other users" complain, doesn't mean their issue is at all even remotely closely related to your issue... or it could be. We don't know without... DATA.

It could certainly be a regional issue. Until we have DATA to look at, we cannot make ANY conclusion as to the problem... because the game works fine for a LOT of people (hundreds of thousands, if not much much more).

If there were an issue with the GGG servers or with the game itself, you can believe there would be a FLOOD of posts here detailing the problem. Any time there is a "Game issue", these forums become quickly flooded.

Do you see a flood of posts? Me neither.

So, if you would like ANY help with this problem, post data. It's much more effective than pointing fingers aimlessly or arguing with me. All that does is make you look ignorant on how the internet really works.
I have several mmos that I am playing, in which, I do not get booted every 5 min. Now, I can run a trace route and find a bad hop to the ggg server, but the fact is, I can not change that route, and I have never ever, in 18 years of playing mmos, had to do this to try to find out why my game isnt working correctly. Posting that data would only allow you to say yup, there it is, your isp fault. Im telling you right now that, that trace route is a diversion tactic to a greater issue.

I do agree if you collect data from 1000's of customers you may be able to put thumbtacks on a map and see hey, most issues are coming from this area, but I highly doubt this is going to happen.

This is the only game this does this with, on all 4 of my systems, I have used 3 cable modems now just in case, had a technician come out just in case. I have basically in an expensive way, removed all variables from my end.

Now about the hops,... you cant redirect them. How convenient to blame issues on this. I am done with this part of the discussion because it hasnt helped anyone fix thier game yet to know which hop does what. Not one. All it does is say, hey dude we dont have to try to help you. Those people log off POE and log onto another game that has no issues.
Since you're clearly not looking for help, you're in the wrong place.

This is a SUPPORT forum. We are attempting to support you, but you have to help us to help you.

You already have made up your mind that I want to blame it on your ISP without even giving me the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to ACTUALLY help you.

So since you are not seeking support, I'm done attempting to help you. Perhaps you should try the Feedback forum instead.

Good luck.

Edit: And you're wrong about a lot of things. There have been MANY instances where users' connections have been fixed through proper diagnosis and escalation. If you can't find them, you aren't looking hard enough.
Last edited by Drakier on Apr 16, 2015, 2:16:16 PM
Let's start again, shall we :)

Do you want to run a WinMTR trace to your gateway so we can identify where the problems are? If they are at GGGs end, it provides them evidence to take to their service providers in order to get things fixed - or if there is a problem with the routing, they may be able to talk to the ISP directly.

It will be necessary to get either WinMTR or Pingplotter off you - if you'd prefer not to, I will ask the mods to move your post to feedback and lock it so the appropriate devs are aware of your issues.

Cheers.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Okay then. I will gladly be wrong.

This is the winmtr to US.login.pathofexile.com, as I live in USA, Jacksonville, Fl

WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| No response from host - 100 | 715 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| patch101.pathofexile.com - 1 | 714 | 709 | 34 | 74 | 2324 | 41 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

Below is my attempt to link a pic of my pingplotter to pathofexile.com

Only one large spike shows, but in game it is much more prevalent.

I do not know why I get no response from host from all except the last entry on winmtr.

I tried '173.192.25.23, pathofexile.com, and patchcdn.pathofexile.com, got the same results.
"
zhexek222 wrote:
I do not know why I get no response from host from all except the last entry on winmtr.

I tried '173.192.25.23, pathofexile.com, and patchcdn.pathofexile.com, got the same results.

Firewall? Antivirus? Security software?

Are you running it as Administrator? Router settings?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info