In the market for a gaming laptop. Advice appreciated.

Here's 2 laptop I found on Newegg that might fit your bill

The Acer specs are nice but with the experience I had with my previous laptop, not going to go with them again, for sure.

Definitely MSI or Asus. Lenovo's aight I guess.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Apr 16, 2015, 4:48:25 AM
I recommend lenovo.

A link to a laptop beneath, for your convenience.
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50-uhd/#tab-tech_specs

Should have everything you need. Option for SSD, NVIDIA® GTX 860M 4GB (Maxwell) etc. Everything should be within your price range :)
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Apr 16, 2015, 5:15:19 AM
Thanks very much guys! I'll check these out ASAP.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Word, Dragon.

I play on a 14" gaming laptop due to my heavy travel and desire to play on the couch (hence my mad skillz).

I run a Aorus X3+ (sadly not the one with the latest 9 series card).

P.
"

Do the ASUS come with bloatware? That was one of the reasons I went with the MSI - it had nothing on it but windows and drivers.

I've been mostly pleased with my MSI gaming laptop. I've had it for a while, so I feel I can make some comments about it. The build quality and internal components are fine. Some of the exterior plastics could be of higher quality, so I've had to be a bit more gentle with it than on models with more solid external casing. This may differ on newer models.

The one issue I've had is with the fan. After about a year the fan began to wear down, and not spin smoothly. The warranty process was easy, but the paid shipping was more than the cost of a replacement fan, so I just did it myself. Been fine since with the new fan.

Had an Alienware previously, and can't suggest staying away from them strongly enough. Warranty process was a pain, and I was unfortunate enough to have been hit by the generation on nvidia gpus that had silicon problems killing off their high end mobile gpus. Every step of the warranty process was difficult, and after 3 straight non functioning GPUs sent to me they refused to honor my warranty.

ugh.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info