lady Dialla has been hinting at "jewels" already

"
Xenimui wrote:
Lady Dialla: "He gave me gems, divine jewels for his Gemling Queen."

WTF !!!! r u hacker????????????

Spoiler
Check Vorici, he was spoiling about act 4 ages ago.........
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
GGG has said before that they had a good deal of the content planned out already all the way through to act 10. So it would not be at all surprising if they HAD intentionally put jewels reference in there all along.

And lore-wise, jewels aren't gems that are socketed "into your tree". Jewels are probably the gems that you can place into your own flesh.

Do you hate them cause they're pieces of you?
No never hate parts of you, do you?

So the tree is actually you* (*rself)

"

"In the Anarchy League, the corruption of Wraeclast has spread to the minds of many exiles, turning them against one another"

I hope that GGG makes corrupted jewels turn you partially into a rogue exile.
Let's say puting 2 corrupted jewels will make you able to attack your comrades in party. With 3 or more your damage increases against allies.

That would be a method to balance single player vs multiple players progression.
corrupted jewels should be very powerful for single players.

Isn't that an awesome idea?

Last edited by Xenimui on Apr 14, 2015, 3:09:55 PM
"
Hodari wrote:
GGG has said before that they had a good deal of the content planned out already all the way through to act 10. So it would not be at all surprising if they HAD intentionally put jewels reference in there all along.

And lore-wise, jewels aren't gems that are socketed "into your tree". Jewels are probably the gems that you can place into your own flesh.

Seconded. This and OP. Seems to me like this was planned. People saying "She was just calling gems 'jewels'" are ignoring the fact that she could actually just as easily be calling jewels "gems". Because, you know, English.

Dialla's gems are not skill gems, they're these precise jewels. Except instead of picking and choosing carefully how we change them and how we apply them to our bodies, Malachai just forced them into Dialla's skin any which way as a horrifying human experiment.
"
Xenimui wrote:
So the tree is actually you* (*rself)

"

"In the Anarchy League, the corruption of Wraeclast has spread to the minds of many exiles, turning them against one another"

I hope that GGG makes corrupted jewels turn you partially into a rogue exile.
Let's say puting 2 corrupted jewels will make you able to attack your comrades in party. With 3 or more your damage increases against allies.

That would be a method to balance single player vs multiple players progression.
corrupted jewels should be very powerful for single players.

Isn't that an awesome idea?

that is a very silly idea, but I can see it being very funny lol

I dont see any any key!
I'm also guessing that Lady Dialla's quest reward will be one of the ones that changes. Instead of getting a random ring, she will now be giving us jewels, perhaps with the Normal difficulty one being meant to introduce new players to the system.
"
Hodari wrote:

In the lore, people who placed gems into flesh became insane over time and then their bodies formed into something else. The gemlings you see in act 3 is a result from putting gems into flesh. It was way better to put them on equipment instead. If we do put gems into our flesh, we would experience the same fate like those people back then.
Permanent Hardcore only.
I'm pretty sure in some recent interview Chris compares the skill tree to DNA.
"
Seconded. This and OP. Seems to me like this was planned. People saying "She was just calling gems 'jewels'" are ignoring the fact that she could actually just as easily be calling jewels "gems". Because, you know, English.

I guess I don't know English. Care to explain this reasoning?
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
Rafurion wrote:

In the lore, people who placed gems into flesh became insane over time and then their bodies formed into something else. The gemlings you see in act 3 is a result from putting gems into flesh. It was way better to put them on equipment instead. If we do put gems into our flesh, we would experience the same fate like those people back then.

So placing gems into flesh and being corrupted are 2 different things?

1)Corruption of Wraeclast turned exiles into rogue exiles.

2)Placing jewels(gems) into your flesh turns you into "something" else.

"
HermitDragon wrote:
I'm pretty sure in some recent interview Chris compares the skill tree to DNA.

It's confirmed our bodies are changing!
Last edited by Xenimui on Apr 14, 2015, 4:05:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info