Can you just let us buy into The Awakening and be done with it? (இ﹏இ`。)

It would be like Hey dudes! PoE is f2p awesome!! Random dude:"so kewl takes bait". Now you haz to pay 20kusd to gain close beta access. Dangit misa got fooled.
Selling beta access wouldn't be pay to play at all, because you could still play the main game for free.

[Removed by Support]

Id gladly pay for beta access. They could merge it into Awakened point bundles.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by Support on Apr 12, 2015, 11:50:16 PM
No, I hope they don't.

The problem is GGG just did a huge press release stating in many videos that PoE is a f2p game and so will the next expansion. And while it is true that any new player can play the core game, the new players GGG attracts would expect to play the content they saw in the video.

Many would interpret this as misleading advertisement and paint GGG in a bad light.

At this point they should stick with what they stated, which is random invites for accounts. People need to let the dice fall as they may and stop feeling they deserve a spot.
Think harder people.

Oh my, sorry for the offensive comment.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 13, 2015, 12:02:33 AM
Play for free on release, pay if you want to be in closed beta... many, many f2p games do it exactly like this, Blizzard for example does it in Heroes of the Storm. Nothing would be wrong with that, forum whiners would whine but other than that it would have literally zero negative impact. Do it Chris.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
How about we just shut down PoE for the next 8 weeks? Problem solved!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Oh whoa, don't even know people were posting on this went to get my first ever char to 70 on a hc league/race \(^▽^@)ノ

Probably read through this later but does anyone really think that the brand new player base which most likely has heard of the upcoming expansion (and freshly made an account to sign up for "access") view's should be weighted heavily against long term players? I would probably like to hear more suggestions of a equitable solution, like something I proposed, then just bickering going on among current players(?!?)
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Yeah I would pay, lets do it already.
#NeverGoing90
"
I didn't report anything, fwiw. I was enjoying a nice little back-and-forth with Fade.

Did I mention I find the idea of selling closed beta keys to an expansion for a game that has already gone live ludicrous? I might even call it ridiculous. Hell, let's really paint the town red and call it foolish.

And doubly so for GGG, who have built their house on a foundation of fairness and openness.

But even they need to be careful sometimes. This is one such time.

Charan has an excellent point, just jumping in here after my post. Haven't read everything, just the title so I guess I'm just eager at this point to play the expansion not going to lie. GGG wouldn't allow this option but if it was there I would pay, not that it should be there because well that's kinda bm.

Yeah.. everything just looks so exciting, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)
#NeverGoing90
Get a room guys.

Anyways - as Charan and about 67 other posters have mentioned - we don't know exactly what way, shape or form the distribution of Closed Beta keys will take.

Maybe, just maybe, let us save the whinging until we KNOW we're getting "screwed" :)

In the meantime, how about a group hug? You know, maybe a pat on the ass?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info