Path of Exile's Compendium Discussion

"
pneuma wrote:
Lastly, aside from Tornado Shot and Spectral Throw, attacks cannot shotgun, so the same base projectile cannot hit the same target more than one time... kinda.

Spectral Throw cannot shotgun either - when ST hits an enemy, it cannot be hurt by that same Attack for 300ms. This also applies to additional projectiles, but of course not to separate swings.
It's important to keep the distinction between shotgunning and hitting multiple times :)

In a similar vein, Lightning Arrow can only simulate shotgunning, but it doesn't truly work the same way.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 18, 2015, 6:50:23 AM
hi,

this compendium is exactly what i am looking for.

i´m a noob in this game, but i´m not stupid :)
so i dont need 50 vids on the currency system, i need indepth explenations of all the mechanics.

nice work so far! please go on!
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Lastly, aside from Tornado Shot and Spectral Throw, attacks cannot shotgun, so the same base projectile cannot hit the same target more than one time... kinda.

Spectral Throw cannot shotgun either - when ST hits an enemy, it cannot be hurt by that same Attack for 300ms. This also applies to additional projectiles, but of course not to separate swings.
It's important to keep the distinction between shotgunning and hitting multiple times :)

In a similar vein, Lightning Arrow can only simulate shotgunning, but it doesn't truly work the same way.

To word it correctly and more briefly, Spectral Throw cannot shotgun with the same attack, since the attack has an attack cooldown of 300ms (0.3 seconds). I believe this is exactly or very close to how the wiki states it.

Can Lightning Arrow shotgun though? I don't understand if you're saying it can or can not.
Lightning Arrow cannot truly shotgun, it is an Attack after all. I literally said that already :P

Only one arrow can hit the enemy (not counting Chain shenanigans). However, the on-Hit effect does not care about this restriction; as such it is possible for an enemy to take Damage from every arrow fired. This is similar to shotgunning (deal more Damage because you fire more Projectiles), but it not the same mechanic, hence my calling it a "simulation" thereof.

Unrelated blathering:
My favourite method to utilise this functionality is knockback. Seeing a fat Rare or Unique being vortexed into the wall is hilarious, and utterly neuters anything melee or mid-range. I'm planning to check out the new EB using Lightning Arrow, but the skilltree will probably be weird as hell. Hahah.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Lightning Arrow cannot truly shotgun, it is an Attack after all. I literally said that already :P

Only one arrow can hit the enemy (not counting Chain shenanigans). However, the on-Hit effect does not care about this restriction; as such it is possible for an enemy to take Damage from every arrow fired. This is similar to shotgunning (deal more Damage because you fire more Projectiles), but it not the same mechanic, hence my calling it a "simulation" thereof.

Unrelated blathering:
My favourite method to utilise this functionality is knockback. Seeing a fat Rare or Unique being vortexed into the wall is hilarious, and utterly neuters anything melee or mid-range. I'm planning to check out the new EB using Lightning Arrow, but the skilltree will probably be weird as hell. Hahah.

So in short, the projectile attack part of LA cannot shotgun but the secondary effect of LA can hit the same target for each secondary effect within range?
Yep.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yep.

Alright.

Many thanks people. If you've posted so far I have read them all.
Compendium is on hold until the Awakening expansion fully releases. I'll still be reading posts.
Waiting for the new vendor recipes/lootfilter/patchupdates

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info