Path of Exile's Compendium Discussion

Please post here if there is any missing information, broken links, out-dated information, or have any questions or concerns about the Compendium.

ATTENTION: the upcoming expansion will contain major changes to the game. I won't be updating this until after the Awakening expansion is fully released to the general game. I will still read posts.
Last edited by Natharias on Apr 20, 2015, 8:23:21 PM
Though I don't know whether you already have this on your to-tell list or not:

If one wants to know what basic enemy types await the player, one can cast Desecrate at the entrance or at the Waypoint of a zone/map a few times. The created bodies are related to the actual map/zone it is casted in, but won't ever be (like it seems) "giant" mob types like giant skeletons, voidbearers or devourers, but eg. carnage chieftains do count as normal seized mobs.

Regarding carnage chieftains (mainly interesting for HC players): summoning them as spectres will allow to gain more XP on maps with huge trees, because now they also use the "ape call" and these called apes are hostile.

So Desecrate seems to be the "must have" for summoners, because it creates the ressources for both zombies and spectres without the need to kill mobs first.
"
Salumba wrote:
Though I don't know whether you already have this on your to-tell list or not:

If one wants to know what basic enemy types await the player, one can cast Desecrate at the entrance or at the Waypoint of a zone/map a few times. The created bodies are related to the actual map/zone it is casted in, but won't ever be (like it seems) "giant" mob types like giant skeletons, voidbearers or devourers, but eg. carnage chieftains do count as normal seized mobs.

Regarding carnage chieftains (mainly interesting for HC players): summoning them as spectres will allow to gain more XP on maps with huge trees, because now they also use the "ape call" and these called apes are hostile.

So Desecrate seems to be the "must have" for summoners, because it creates the ressources for both zombies and spectres without the need to kill mobs first.

I may add the upper part. But Desecrate is only one of the few required gems for summoners. The only time you should use it for spectres is when they die, and if they die the new ones generally won't fit well with the supports you use.
great till now.

"
All of the above modifiers will apply to life cost as well. This is because there are only two methods to consume life instead of mana:

1. Blood Magic (keystone). This removes mana and causes skills to cost life instead of mana.

2. Blood Magic (support gem). This causes a skill to cost mana, but does not affect mana or life in any other way.

You should point out the 3. way too. Uniqe Items gives the Keystone withought taking the passive point. For example the Robe or Helm (dont know the name) will switch you full to bloodmagic mode while the shield will only reserve the Auras / Heralds in the sockets from your Health with less %. maybe you want to say that later but i believe if you say "there are only two methods" that you just forgot about them.
"
Baldry wrote:
great till now.

"
All of the above modifiers will apply to life cost as well. This is because there are only two methods to consume life instead of mana:

1. Blood Magic (keystone). This removes mana and causes skills to cost life instead of mana.

2. Blood Magic (support gem). This causes a skill to cost mana, but does not affect mana or life in any other way.

You should point out the 3. way too. Uniqe Items gives the Keystone withought taking the passive point. For example the Robe or Helm (dont know the name) will switch you full to bloodmagic mode while the shield will only reserve the Auras / Heralds in the sockets from your Health with less %. maybe you want to say that later but i believe if you say "there are only two methods" that you just forgot about them.

Ah yes. I'll make sure to put that in.
Bump. Updated OP with question.
"
***Arctic Armor, Lightning Coil, Taste of Hate, and what else? Have not been added yet.***

Cloak of Flame < Fire
Lightning Coil < Lightning
Clock of Defiance < Mana

There are some more i think but these are the ones i know.
"
Baldry wrote:
"
***Arctic Armor, Lightning Coil, Taste of Hate, and what else? Have not been added yet.***

Cloak of Flame < Fire
Clock of Defiance < Mana

Arctic Armor, Lightning Coil, Cloak of Flame, Cloak of Defiance, Taste of Hate, Rat's Nest, Bramblejack, and Incandescent Heart.

I don't think there are any others.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Astramentis
"-4 Physical Damage taken from Attacks"

---
"
***Clarification on fork/gmp/chain etc***

For projectiles, think of them always as a "base projectile" and an "ending event".

LMP/GMP do not interact directly with Fork, Chain, or Pierce. They simply create more base projectiles, and apply a blanket damage penalty to everything (via Less Damage).

For Fork/Chain/Pierce/Return, Pierce modifies the base projectile and the ending event, whereas Fork, Chain, and Returning modify the ending event only. If a base projectile pierces, it continues on as the same base projectile that it was before.

When a projectile fails to pierce and hits a target, it triggers its ending event. In order, Chain is checked first, which generates a new base projectile toward a new target (and keeps the "travel distance" from the former, for Point Blank reasons) and decrements the chain count by one. Eventually, when the chain count is exhausted, it attempts to Fork, which creates 2 new base projectiles that fire in 45 degree bends to the left and right of the incoming projectile direction. After having exhausted the chain count and fork boolean, if the projectile is returning, it generates a new base projectile in the direction of the player. Finally, having exhausted everything else, the original ending event is processed.

There are some weird exceptions to this due to the way that GGG coded some of the skills.

Lightning Arrow, Ice Shot, and Poison Arrow have their "burst" effects as a property of the base projectile, not as an ending event.

EA, Arctic Breath, and Fireball, by contrast, "correctly" have their unique property (explosions, or apply an explosive charge in the case of EA) on the ending event, not the base projectile.

TS's base projectile has innate 100% pierce, but its ending event generates 3 random direction arrows which do not have pierce normally.

Lastly, aside from Tornado Shot and Spectral Throw, attacks cannot shotgun, so the same base projectile cannot hit the same target more than one time... kinda.

LA can hit an enemy directly with the base projectile and it can hit the same enemy with the burst effect of its base projectile (i.e. from hitting a nearby enemy that was pierced through), but it cannot hit more than those 2 times per base projectile.

In total, it's a massive fuckfest filled with contradictions and irregularities. :)
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 17, 2015, 3:26:14 PM
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Baldry wrote:
"

Cloak of Flame < Fire
Clock of Defiance < Mana

Arctic Armor, Lightning Coil, Cloak of Flame, Cloak of Defiance, Taste of Hate, Rat's Nest, Bramblejack, and Incandescent Heart.

I don't think there are any others.

Darkscorn
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info