Called it! I knew the name of the expansion since 15/July/2014 :) :) :)

"
And here's your prize.............

Spoiler

There you go.

"
Boem wrote:
Hiy inex *waves*

Have a golden star.

Peace,

-Boem-

Thanks thanks, i am proud.
"
Samkiud wrote:
_

Thank you thank you!
... have the people linking the article on hindsight bias actually read it? OP actually made the prediction. If OP wanted to claim that there was so much evidence the rest of us missed that actually made it so obvious, that would be hindsight bias, but instead OP is merely correctly pointing out that he predicted it, however random his prediction was. This is completely different from hindsight bias.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Rachel on Apr 13, 2015, 1:44:51 AM
Good job. Now, predict the name of the upcoming Act 5
"
... have the people linking the article on hindsight bias actually read it? OP actually made the prediction. If OP wanted to claim that there was so much evidence the rest of us missed that actually made it so obvious, that would be hindsight bias, but instead OP is merely correctly pointing out that he predicted it, however random his prediction was. This is completely different from hindsight bias.

[Removed by Support]

Read the article, please. If you made random "prediction", that wasn't based upon something that can be really predicted, and not simply guessed, and THEN it happened to be the thing - this is exactly what hindsight bias is. There was nothing to base the prediction upon, so anything you try to "predict" will be only random guesses, and not PREDICTIONS.

PS. I was the one saying that you were right about the "gambler's fallacy" thingy, mate. Rude to call me an idiot, you know?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Rachel on Apr 13, 2015, 1:46:01 AM
HikaruYami : Thank you for your comment.
Who care about Hindsight bias or whatever poeple call a phenomenon they don't understand: a prediction made upon "hidden" and unforseen informations for a simple user.
A simple user is not ready to understand and fuse links between those informations.

Something sure is, i predicted it! How? By analysing informations around me.
What data? Example: The way GGG reacted after introducing Vaal orbs and its INSANE RNG by making an expansion where you can craft your own mods on items. By the same way wraeclast stayed too long "regular" an epic change was expected: the Awakening.

Sorry Perq but calling Hindsight bias any act of analysing in which you lack the understanding is easy! So easy
Remember: not only it was predicted once(18/MAY), but twice(15/JULY). It means it was not random, was it?

It could be Hindsight bias or not, nobody care :)

"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Good job. Now, predict the name of the upcoming Act 5

Thanks. Can't do that right now, i need to see the beta and ggg reaction to the players responses. :D

But here are some predictions:
- Scrotie: will be making his own game because GGG will never make the game he wants. Or he will mod the hell out of poe 3.0.1
- Chris wilson: will always say "That's a really good idea i will bring that to the office."
- RMT masterminds are probably regular users of this forum.
Last edited by Xenimui on Apr 13, 2015, 6:03:50 AM
I don't even care about the thread in general, I'm more annoyed they named it "The Awakening"... How boring...

I wouldn't even want to have called this. That's like calling that the Barney movie would be named "Barney: The Movie".
Last edited by ShadyC on Apr 13, 2015, 6:01:32 AM
I am totally not surprised I posted in said thread. Russel still wins the internets for his posts.
S L O W E R
"
ShadyC wrote:
I don't even care about the thread in general, I'm more annoyed they named it "The Awakening"... How boring...

I wouldn't even want to have called this. That's like calling that the Barney movie would be named "Barney: The Movie".

Lol.
I actually like it:

1. It's simple
2. It announces something new - different from the pvp expansion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info