[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

"
wOnderzord wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Yep! No change there. Carcass Jack too and Invitation Belt, etc.

Then I guess I'm your new little padawan!

=D
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Is this build viable for the new flashback league? I've never played flameblast before and wanted to try it tout before the expansion.
"
rizopas88 wrote:
Is this build viable for the new flashback league? I've never played flameblast before and wanted to try it tout before the expansion.

Yeah it will be, though you'll probably want a heavier focus on pushing for survivability while levelling instead of pushing for MF super early. Stack what gear you can with IIR but focus on getting your resistances capped and life on gear until about 75 before you start swapping in MF dedicated.
Good news: as of right now Flameblast got a flat damage boost from 25-37 at level one to 30-45. This is roughly a 17% buff, which directly counteracts the nerf it had initially received and helps with that nerf to proliferation.

Bad news: Clarity's been nerfed by roughly 2 mana/s. But, it also costs less with the changes to reduced mana.

Unknown news: No idea what if anything happened to AA, or aura effectiveness nodes atm. I haven't logged in since the patch and won't be able to investigate until tomorrow.

EDIT: Decided to log in. No adjustment to AA, and the clarity nerf is scaled. Down from 22.3 at level 18, to 16/s. Direct hit to AA, but further changes to the tree are likely forthcoming as far as aura effect goes. And they still haven't implemented the change to AA anyway.
Last edited by Serleth on May 8, 2015, 2:37:38 AM
Hi.
I currently have a 6L PoH and I am wondering if the +2 fire from SB is necessary.

I have a 6L CJ as well and is there any alternative gem links you would suggest for another 6L here?
Last edited by PrincipleL on May 8, 2015, 1:43:38 AM
"
PrincipleL wrote:
Hi.
I currently have a 6L PoH and I am wondering if the +2 fire from SB is necessary.

I have a 6L CJ as well and is there any alternative gem links you would suggest for another 6L here?

It's not just the +2 that's beneficial. It's the burning damage from Searing and the % fire damage which double dips to both initial hit & burning damage. Pledge just isn't as effective a choice, though it is an option if you wanted to use it since you have one 6L'd, and you could offset it by running a level 3 empower. I've tested both and I find Searing is more effective.

There's no need for a second 6L. But it does allow you to put all your auras in carcass, freeing up gem slots for other uses or levelling gems.
Really liking this build so far, playing it in beta. Any chance you could show us your current skilltree setup in beta?
"
flagg49 wrote:
Really liking this build so far, playing it in beta. Any chance you could show us your current skilltree setup in beta?

I've since switched to Sire of Shards Flame Totem, but the tree isn't that much different than what I'm using in 1.3. The difference is I haven't done MF spec, so I don't need anything running other than Clarity & Discipline, so I haven't taken EB since it has no impact on AA (which is the only reason I took it), and the only reason I'd take EB in the Beta is if I had full reservation.

Beta Tree @ Level 82

Only thing to note here is I've taken the Jewel passive near quick recovery for a mana regen jewel I've been using to help with AA.
What do you recommend for leveling with in the 1mo? Using FB while leveling?
"
indirect wrote:
What do you recommend for leveling with in the 1mo? Using FB while leveling?

Probably a bit late, but my standard levelling process (including Beta) is lit tendrils + firetrap early until Searing Bond / Flame Totem in a3n, then I do firetrap + searing/flame totem pretty much until maps and I get a decent 4L staff +2 fire, or 5L chest and around 60% chance to ignite. Then I switch to FB.
Last edited by Serleth on May 9, 2015, 1:38:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info