[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

I am playing acro/phase acro crit fire trapper on CB atm. Trap and mine damage gem is awesome and crit rly works nice on fire trap with 6% base crit buff, but still ele prolif radius makes me sad. I am not sure if traps is a way to go mf tho.

Would u be so kind to post your poison arrow build + links? Would love to try it after wipe.

I do not get the idea behind SoS flame totem. I know it is awesome to have nova of projectiles but 2 totems with autotargetting are fine and you could wear Infernal Mantle and The Consuming Dark instead to convert 100% of fire damage to chaos damage. Am i missing something?
"
Serleth wrote:

Lastly (and I haven't tested this yet): Ice Crash. That's next on my list after I get my Carcass 5L'd.

Very interesting. If possible, I would!

Thanks.
"
aelm wrote:
I am playing acro/phase acro crit fire trapper on CB atm. Trap and mine damage gem is awesome and crit rly works nice on fire trap with 6% base crit buff, but still ele prolif radius makes me sad. I am not sure if traps is a way to go mf tho.

Would u be so kind to post your poison arrow build + links? Would love to try it after wipe.

I do not get the idea behind SoS flame totem. I know it is awesome to have nova of projectiles but 2 totems with autotargetting are fine and you could wear Infernal Mantle and The Consuming Dark instead to convert 100% of fire damage to chaos damage. Am i missing something?

Yeah, traps require a lot of investment in order to get functioning and it's an extremely active playstyle that I think would get tiresome if it was built for MFing. I mean it's doable, but probably not my preference. I'll still test it out because EE trapper's been my favorite trap style.

As far as SoS, the nova factor drastically increases clear speed. You can drop your totem in the middle of a pack and decimate it, rather than waiting for it to search out and clear individual targets. And since the spell projectiles no longer shotgun, you don't actually lose any single target dps.

If you didn't catch it, I posted an SoS video here that doesn't even take advantage of Three Dragons, and it just absolutely melts Underground Sea.

Eventually, I hope to test the Infernal/Consuming Dark combo in order to get a sense of the comparison.

As for Poison Arrow, this is roughly the tree I'm running currently, though I'd be making some changes for an MF variant.

Links (+3 Bow) are PA, AoE, Conc Effect, Slower Projectiles, Pierce (Drillneck), and Empower.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 8, 2015, 3:55:33 PM
x
Last edited by swish29 on Jun 8, 2015, 4:28:20 PM
"

Links (+3 Bow) are PA, AoE, Conc Effect, Slower Projectiles, Pierce (Drillneck), and Empower.

Which mods for Bow?

+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
?
?
?
?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
Serleth wrote:

Eventually, I hope to test the Infernal/Consuming Dark combo in order to get a sense of the comparison.

As for Poison Arrow, this is roughly the tree I'm running currently, though I'd be making some changes for an MF variant.

Thanks and i am rly looking forward to see Infernal/Consuming Dark combo.

"
redix27 wrote:
Which mods for Bow?

Highest Phys dmg (not DPS) you can get.
Last edited by aelm on Jun 8, 2015, 5:10:16 PM
+2 Bow Gems
+1 All gems

That's all you really need. Anything else is gravy.

For an MF build I'd honestly be pushing for resists on the other mods, then some phys modifier as the last prefix.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 8, 2015, 5:46:08 PM
How bad is the prolif-range nerf, Ser? Does triple the time to clear a map?

Perhaps they scale it upwards a bit, somewhere between 31 (old) and 12 (new) m radius, I'd like that the most.

I feel like hanging in the air right now, was so looking forward for MF FB :)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
How bad is the prolif-range nerf, Ser? Does triple the time to clear a map?

Perhaps they scale it upwards a bit, somewhere between 31 (old) and 12 (new) m radius, I'd like that the most.

I feel like hanging in the air right now, was so looking forward for MF FB :)

Yeah I'm hoping that the final prolif radius ends up somewhere in the middle. It's a pretty terrible radius nerf.

But, I'm working on levelling an FB gem to 19 on my PA character before I start cranking out the levels on my FB character, then I gotta buy a Fire Doryani, GCP some gems up, etc. I'm probably 2-3 days away from giving a proper estimation of map clear speed. I'm thinking of trying to figure out a way to get 4 frenzy charges working to help offset the damage a bit, maybe? So, lots of testing.

In between all that I want to get a Consuming Dark dagger and 5L an Infernal to do a switch to Flame Totem before the next wipe, too, so. I'm preparing a lot of stuff to work on.

BUSY BUSY! =)
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 9, 2015, 6:36:32 AM
Try to up some vids ps:=)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info