[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

"
Ishamz wrote:
Hey again, would you mind posting your defence tab stats? I'm dyin too mcuh but have no clue how to upgrade my defences.. kinda dying too much and it slows me down, im 75 now.

MF is going great tho, 27%/140% and I get like 1 stash of uniques everyday.. have gotten a drillneck and an alpha's howl so far :D

Won't really do much for you but I'll try and remember to do this tomorrow; you can check my gear and get a rough estimate from that. It honestly doesn't add up to much, something like 10% phys mitigation and 12% evasion, or less.

Life is somewhere between 3.9-4k.

Most of the defense comes from smart flask use, level 20+ AA, and running around like a chicken. =D

EDIT: This is with auras etc up.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on May 14, 2015, 4:53:13 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Ishamz wrote:
Hey again, would you mind posting your defence tab stats? I'm dyin too mcuh but have no clue how to upgrade my defences.. kinda dying too much and it slows me down, im 75 now.

MF is going great tho, 27%/140% and I get like 1 stash of uniques everyday.. have gotten a drillneck and an alpha's howl so far :D

Won't really do much for you but I'll try and remember to do this tomorrow; you can check my gear and get a rough estimate from that. It honestly doesn't add up to much, something like 10% phys mitigation and 12% evasion, or less.

Life is somewhere between 3.9-4k.

Most of the defense comes from smart flask use, level 20+ AA, and running around like a chicken. =D

EDIT: This is with auras etc up.

hmm defences look just like mine, I guess I just need to keep lvling my Empower and AA gems, I think I'll be able to buy a Searing Touch tonight, I have like 80c, either that or the Carcass Jack, can't decide... both would boost my survivality a lot since I'll burn stuff faster.

Anyways I'll stop bugging you now haha, thanks for answering!
I have a question about damage. I see values like 1,5k+ base dmg on FB. From what i understand the only increased dmg sources are Searing Touch, Doryani's Invitation, passives and gems themself. Am i missing something? Because im lvl 70 now and my 600dmg makes me cry and want to switch to fire trap. I have searing touch already and followed your lvling guide. Thinking about getting doryani's next cuz my clear speed defintely sux.
"
aelm wrote:
I have a question about damage. I see values like 1,5k+ base dmg on FB. From what i understand the only increased dmg sources are Searing Touch, Doryani's Invitation, passives and gems themself. Am i missing something? Because im lvl 70 now and my 600dmg makes me cry and want to switch to fire trap. I have searing touch already and followed your lvling guide. Thinking about getting doryani's next cuz my clear speed defintely sux.

Sounds to me like you don't have a 5L / conc effect being used. Is that the case? Also, I want to know the quality on your FB and total chance to ignite.
Last edited by Serleth on May 15, 2015, 4:47:02 PM
got a carcass jack, searing touch and andvarius, only 4l on the staff tho.

should i go fb-chance to ignite-fire pen-ele prolif
or should i swap fire pen for concentrated effect now that i have carcass?
"
Ishamz wrote:
got a carcass jack, searing touch and andvarius, only 4l on the staff tho.

should i go fb-chance to ignite-fire pen-ele prolif
or should i swap fire pen for concentrated effect now that i have carcass?

Players choice there but I'd go conc effect probably and if I was feeling like clear speed was slow, I'd temporarily grab windscream boots and dual curse flam/ele weakness to make up for dropping penetration.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
aelm wrote:

Sounds to me like you don't have a 5L / conc effect being used. Is that the case? Also, I want to know the quality on your FB and total chance to ignite.

Well i cant afford 5l yet (1mFB), so yes concentrated effect is not in the staff. I have 20q FB (so 40% CtI) tested it with CtI and switched it with spell echo because i think gameplay is much smoother this way. Also with dmg like 750 i think it is better to cast 6-7 stacks of FB then 3-4 in the same time.

Side question: should i prioritize 5linking now. or go for carcass jack then doryanis.
Last edited by aelm on May 18, 2015, 3:17:01 AM
"
aelm wrote:
Well i cant afford 5l yet (1mFB), so yes concentrated effect is not in the staff. I have 20q FB (so 40% CtI) tested it with CtI and switched it with spell echo because i think gameplay is much smoother this way. Also with dmg like 750 i think it is better to cast 6-7 stacks of FB then 3-4 in the same time.

Side question: should i prioritize 5linking now. or go for carcass jack then doryanis.

For a 4L, I'm okay with echo. That comes down to playstyle preference, at least as far as clearing packs goes. But once you get conc effect, I would drop echo and put CTI back in. Most of the damage that you do to bosses and exiles will be without extra mobs around to ignite, so you want to make sure that ignite is guaranteed. At least imho. Much easier to 10-channel, ignite, have the burn doing damage, channel again if necessary and finish; as opposed to missing the ignite on three attempts in a row. :P

But, you should start to get used to it anyway. In the Beta, Spell Echo no longer works with Flameblast, so you may want to start getting adjusted to it sooner than later.

As for prioritizing, I do it like this:

- 5L the Searing
- Temporarily pick up Blast Radius in witch
- Get Carcass Jack
- Drop Blast Radius and move it elsewhere, since Carcass offsets the AoE difference
- Doryani belt.
"
Serleth wrote:
As for prioritizing, I do it like this:

- 5L the Searing
- Temporarily pick up Blast Radius in witch
- Get Carcass Jack
- Drop Blast Radius and move it elsewhere, since Carcass offsets the AoE difference
- Doryani belt.

Much love <3
Don´t you think...it´s better do a level 76 character for dropping at 100% efficiency? You can farm vaal fragments for example and low maps.

http://poetools.com/experience-penalty/

LEVEL 76
=========================================
Level Map exp drop rate

Level 67 Map * 90% 100%
Level 68 Map * 98% 100%
Level 69 Map * 100% 100%
Level 70 Map * 100% 100%
Level 71 Map * 100% 100%
Level 72 Map * 100% 100%
Level 73 Map * 100% 100%
Level 74 Map * 100% 100%