Act 4 Hole monster and "Trypophobia"

Good evening,

Today it was possible to have a glimpse at Act 4 screenshots. And there was one very unpleasant thing.
A monster made of holes. I don't how to explain it, but its really unpleasant and it literally gives sense of discomfort.

Not sure if its a real "phobia" but they call it "Trypophobia" and those monsters REALLY give sense of discomfort. If you don't know what it is, check out google images.

Would it be possible to give an option to change its model to a zombie or anything else?

Even if its MTX or anything else, for an enemy model, i bet people would be willing to pay for such feature.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Apr 9, 2015, 3:29:55 PM
lol.
"
WiseGuard wrote:

Not sure if its a real "phobia" but they call it "Trypophobia" and those monsters REALLY give sense of discomfort. If you don't know what it is, check out google images.

Would it be possible to give an option to change its model to a zombie or anything else?

+1

It makes me impossible to play Act 4 :(

I heard 16% people have "trypophobia" so plz fix or give some options to change these mobs appearances.

"
arrighi wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:

+1

It makes me impossible to play Act 4 :(

I heard 16% people have "trypophobia" so plz fix or give some options to change these mobs appearances.

It's not even recognized as a condition. Also, where did you get that 16% from. Please tell me it's not from a lousy newspaper.

To OP: if you think you will be too scared to further play the game, you could perhaps stick to act 1-3?
path of exile expert
Not exactly sure how much you can do about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/phobia-about-holes-is-not-officially-recognized-but-uk-scientists-look-into-it/2012/10/01/c1797a8c-dff0-11e1-a421-8bf0f0e5aa11_story.html?hpid=z5

Your 16% of people have it is based off a study of 286 people who were upset by a group of images, that doesnt really mean they have Trypophobia though, it just means that some didnt like some images (which probably werent too pleasant)

I say its going to be hard to change because... In the interviews Chris said they actually designed the monsters to be unsettling for people. I dont know how they plan to make things unsettling or scary and avoid offending 100% of their players at the same time, it just doesnt seem possible to me.
@llusorySuperiority
I thought to do this first. Maps are the problem tho.

@Metronomy
Thats why i think one of the solutions might be payable MTX to change model of NPC, if menu options are hard to implement. Same we have with portrait or portal. I totally understand that Artsists and Modelers put a lot of work into it. That's why i think MTX could sort of "compensate" GGG's money spent.

Last edited by WiseGuard on Apr 13, 2015, 8:24:17 AM
Interesting. Didn't know such thing existed. I find those monsters with holes kinda disgusting, it will be a pleasure to cleanse them with fire :)

GGG could offer replaceable MTX skin, but I'm not sure how many people have issues with this (and therefore how feasible is for GGG). Most likely there's more arachnophobic people (and big spiders are still here).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
This is interesting, never heard of it before.

GGG said they wanted to up the creepy factor in act 4.
So I guess mission accomplished. :)
"
WiseGuard wrote:
@Metronomy
Thats why i think one of the solutions might be payable MTX to change model of NPC, if menu options are hard to implement. Same we have with portrait or portal. I totally understand that Artsists and Modelers put a lot of work into it. That's why i think MTX could sort of "compensate" GGG's money spent.

I am not ruling it out as a possibility, but note that GGG has to make fully working animations for a 2nd model of that creature, so its much more expensive than normal MTX. This is the reason that they havent made male/female characters for each class.

I think that monsters would be slightly easier, because their range of animations may be smaller than a playable character, but I am not sure how long you would have to potentially wait for it to come out.
Last edited by Metronomy on Apr 13, 2015, 11:20:42 AM
"
Metronomy wrote:
I am not ruling it out as a possibility, but note that GGG has to make fully working animations for a 2nd model of that creature, so its much more expensive than normal MTX. This is the reason that they havent made male/female characters for each class.

I think that monsters would be slightly easier, because their range of animations may be smaller than a playable character, but I am not sure how long you would have to potentially wait for it to come out.

Another option, is to put a statue from Act 3. Cheapest one really.
One bit more expensive would be, take the same model, remove holes, and edit texture a bit.

Personally, from developers stand point, place act 3 statue, charge some money. Win win for both.

Was thinking about spiders, for people who have fear of spiders. They act similar to those pirates that Flicker Striker. Or just place a paper bag over spiders head... :D
Last edited by WiseGuard on Apr 13, 2015, 12:19:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info