My Impression On: Attack on Titan (Anime) (Spoiler Free)

"
Dragonball Z is something you either grew up with or didn't. I did, having discovered Cantonese dubs and then Hong Kong TV Japanese with English subtitles around the age of 10. I was 'done with it' by the time Funimation got there and really started to butcher things. Hipster? Nah, just fucking old. I haven't been 'into it' for ages, although I do have a rather large collection of DBZ games across various platforms. That said, I LOVE the latest movies (which are super big budget for anime) because they are MUCH more like Dragonball in tone, which is to say none of that 'power up' business and a lot more humour. This surprised me, but it's good to see it reaching back to its roots.

I've resisted Shingeki no Kyojin (that translation!) for ages. Every time I'm dragged to a convention I see a BUUUUNCH of obnoxious kids doing cosplay for it, and that alone makes me wary. I'll get it soon, very soon, but it's going to be hard work watching it with an open mind.

__

Yup, I grew up with Dragon Ball Z too. But this is the time I notice the weakness of the anime despite its unquestionable epicness. I was a fanboy kid, you have absolutely no idea.

Fun facts about my childhood
I learnt to draw when I was 7 years old with the ton of DBZ collectible chromes I had. I used to imagine I was Gohan while my father was Goku, because he's a sensei (right now 6th Dan), and we were physically appealing to the characters. Specially me:

Last edited by Samkiud on Apr 4, 2015, 6:29:14 PM
The story isn't it all that original, as you delve deeper into the anime/manga world you'll find more shows or books that have the same concept but done better, overall the series is great and the manga is better, but you'll find other series that will trump it.
I live for my e-peen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info