Weekend Stash Tab Bundle Sales!

Hype
Are there plans in Act 4 to introduce a master who specializes in baking cake?
Fire makes the perfect blossom in the endless night.
Plz don't tell me you are coming to west coast only, come chill in east coast n we have some top tier player here.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
"
Drumheller wrote:
Chris is coming to the USA to kick everyone's ass that was rude on the forums.

Remember Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Like that.

Haha, i just had the thought how this would look and sound like...

*knock knock*

"Yes?"

"Hi, i'm Chris Wilson from Grinding Gear Games and this is Hideout of the weak. For this episode we chose to present your son's hideout and kick his ass for being rude on our forums."

Then he stops in each room and explains the various decorations; after he's finished with the asskicking, he says "The red on the floor is actually Zana's carpet and is used to represent blood." :D
Last edited by Tom7i on Apr 5, 2015, 5:57:32 AM
"
People definitely perceive discounts as more than just 'woohoo, cheaper shit'.

triggering your customers purchase reflexes to sell more reduced microtransactions for the price of pissing of those who paid the full price before. i know many consumer brands who sell their stuff exclusively through vendors who are forbidden to discount these goods to not damage the brand. if you have a product and you are positive about the quality of your product, imho there is no need to discount.

"

A poorly-timed discount can negatively impact a product's image as quality and 'worth paying for'.
These scheduled but not permanent discounts work nicely.

with discounts you train your customers to always being able to buy on the discounted price in the future. that may work with most consumer brands cause people need certain products on time and have to pay the full price if they can't put it on stock.
but there is no immediate need for certain microtransactions, you have all the time in the world, even with stash tabs you only have to wait for 3 weeks max to stock them up.

"
lifeinjersey wrote:
Absolutely agree with supporting the game and I have done so already. My thought was to (slightly) decrease the cost of the bundles in order to generate more sales, thus more support for ongoing development.

calling players cheapskates may have been a bit too drastic of me, sry for this. i would even agree to the argument that mtx that are periodically go on sale are generally only worth the sales price.

i'm so resistant to calls to even further decreasing the price because your success is bound to your ability to constantly aquire new customers. it doesn't work on a persistent fan base (which i believe we have here) because if their needs are saturated you lost alot of income as they would have satisfied their needs anyway but on a longer timeframe.

of course the positive interpretation of continued sales is that ggg is able to massively attract new players. if that's the case we will probably see more and even higher reductions on mtx. time will tell.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
...are you seriously, unironically trying to overthrow the age-old concept of discount sales?

Wowwwww...
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
HYPE
still no countdown for act4. No hype
English is not my native language, so forgive me for the mistakes pls
"
Antnee wrote:
...are you seriously, unironically trying to overthrow the age-old concept of discount sales?

yes, because sales only make sense in a competitional environment. and i haven't seen blizzard selling poe mtx yet.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

yes, because sales only make sense in a competitional environment. and i haven't seen blizzard selling poe mtx yet.

Except you're thinking about it wrong. The competition isn't over the PoE mtx, it's about the dollars going towards gaming.

GGG is trying to create incentives for people to spend money on their product (PoE), and not someone else's (e.g. Diablo III).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info