When Inner Force becomes efficient pick?

Hello there, I'm now contemplating few minor changes to skill tree of my lvl88 Static Strike Scion. One of those adjustments might be picking Inner Force cluster. I wonder when it becomes effective to pick Inner Force?

I use 3 damage buffs (Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice and Hatred aura) and frequently use lvl20 Molten Shell (I also have lower level version in my CWDT setup). It would cost me 6 skill points to get Inner Force, 3 of which would come from useless armor cluster and 3 would have to be 3x 5% hp nodes.

I also switch various Purity auras for one of Heralds based on map and bosses I'm going to fight.

Would Inner Force provide significant benefits to me that would overcome the costs?

Thanks for your insight
Impossible to say without knowing your build beyond the level I'd be willing to study it as well as your preferences concerning the choice of damage vs life. Your best approach would be to invest the respec points and see what happens.

FWIW: Assuming your auras provide 50% of your dps (probably they will provide less), Inner Force will give you 10% more damage. Is that worth it? Your choice. Probably the effect on armour from Molten Shell will be offset by removing your armour cluster. And the damage of Molten Shell depends too heavily on your other modifiers.

With Purity the question is: Will Inner Force give you another point on the max resist part.
"
BaalSeinOpa wrote:

With Purity the question is: Will Inner Force give you another point on the max resist part.

Iirc, purity at lvl 20 is +4% max, so you need 25% buff for +1. If OP has the life cluster with +5% (templar), IF would put him over at 26% buff. Seems like a good plan with an increase in dps, armor, max res, and a trade of some armor and 15% life (temporary? Still lvling?). Assuming the defensive/life changes somewhat even out with buffs, it sounds like a nice little boost to dps.
"
Baron01 wrote:
It would cost me 6 skill points to get Inner Force, 3 of which would come from useless armor cluster and 3 would have to be 3x 5% hp nodes.

It seems like you´re not talking about the Inner Force cluster. Armour nodes? 5% hp nodes? All i can see around Inner Force are Intelligence nodes and Shaper!
"
muhomorov wrote:
"
Baron01 wrote:
It would cost me 6 skill points to get Inner Force, 3 of which would come from useless armor cluster and 3 would have to be 3x 5% hp nodes.

It seems like you´re not talking about the Inner Force cluster. Armour nodes? 5% hp nodes? All i can see around Inner Force are Intelligence nodes and Shaper!

He said would _cost_ him those nodes, not "would require him to take those nodes". He's losing the nodes he described from elsewhere on the tree.

"
BaalSeinOpa wrote:
FWIW: Assuming your auras provide 50% of your dps (probably they will provide less), Inner Force will give you 10% more damage. Is that worth it? Your choice. Probably the effect on armour from Molten Shell will be offset by removing your armour cluster. And the damage of Molten Shell depends too heavily on your other modifiers.

(emphasis mine)

Haah? He's not talking about just "auras", but "buffs", including Herald of Ash (not an aura). If his base damage is pure physical, then just herald of ash plus max level Hatred gets you 51% more damage.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 31, 2015, 10:08:29 AM
"

He said would _cost_ him those nodes, not "would require him to take those nodes". He's losing the nodes he described from elsewhere on the tree.

Then it´s not worth it at all! Losing 15% Hp and 20-30% Armour for Inner Force is beyond stupid...
Here is my as it is now. It was a modification from a build from Scion forum but I realize too late "cheap" build includes Doryani's.

I wanted to remove Unyielding cluster + 3x5% HP nodes from Scion wheel of life. I have Devotion so total buff increase will be 26%, which shoudl lead to additional 1% to max resistances from Purities.

I struggle with heavy elemental damage, example Crematorium Magaera, which is one reason to look for extra max resistance. Physical damage also fair threat in 74+ maps but I counter it with Granite flask and lvl20 Molten Shell. I soon will have lvl20 Immortal call that I will trade with single GCP for lvl1 with 20%. Once I got that gem, I will set up standard Imm. call CWDT, which should significantly improve my survivability against physical damage.

Thanks
Last edited by Baron01 on Mar 31, 2015, 3:48:59 PM
"
muhomorov wrote:
"

Then it´s not worth it at all! Losing 15% Hp and 20-30% Armour for Inner Force is beyond stupid...

... he's not losing 15% of his current max HP, he's losing 15% "increased" hp. If he currently has like 170% increased hp, then he goes down to 155. So his hp will go from 270% to 255% of his base, which is a 5.9% total HP loss.

And similar stuff for armor. He might be losing more armor, but gaining "10% more damage" for that kind of loss is often reasonable. It depends on how much he's hurting for DPS. Though if OP already has increased aura effect nodes, I agree that taking inner force is too marginal for that kind of loss.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 31, 2015, 12:24:05 PM
"

"
BaalSeinOpa wrote:

(emphasis mine)

Haah? He's not talking about just "auras", but "buffs", including Herald of Ash (not an aura). If his base damage is pure physical, then just herald of ash plus max level Hatred gets you 51% more damage.

Which is about a third of his DPS unless he has in the neighborhood of 100% elemental scaling, or more.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
If it's defense you're looking for try topaz flask, divination distillate, taste of hatred, lightning coil combo.

I don't really rely on immortal call for physical defense, though I do have it as an additional layer anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info