Tora bosses - not QQing, but need advice/discussion on difficulty

"
"
unsane69 wrote:
Mutated maw; I'm looking at ya.

Yeah, some sort of combat/death log would be nice at times.

I had a templar (static mosher build) enter the boss chamber in Jungle Valley. See some spiders coming down. Boom. Dead.

But leap slammers are notoriously evil chain-stunners, and the jungle valley boss is equally notorious for being able to chain multiple consecutive very strong attacks.... This is much more confusing than either of those.

Granted, that build was (is) quite glassy for a melee char, but I usually get an "Oh SHIT!" moment before ressurrect, here it was just instant death. That's why some command for a combat log would be nice; especially for enemies that DO spam a lot of fast, consecutive attacks. And in this case, the boss wasn't even on screen...
Anyway, I just went into the boss room "for try...etc", and wasn't surprised I got wiped out.

To stay somewhat ON topic though, in my experience as a selffound player, often with 1-2 pieces of subpar gear, I tend to be very careful around high level Tora bosses. Some of them pack quite a punch, and at least to me, doesn't always feel in sync with what ever difficulty the map they're in has. So it happens that I clear a map including boss/exiles with no trouble, but still choose to skip Tora because it simply isn't worth the 10%.
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
Did this death happen in the last bit of the Promenade map? To me it sounds like you killed yourself with the Lightning Thorns of the map boss.
Nope, bosses were both dead. Map was cleared and I was backtracking after speaking to Tora (who was near the end of the map) to take on her mobs. While I didn't check /remaining, Promenade is linear and I don't believe I had missed any enemies along the way. The map was quick and painless, which only served to increase my surprise at my death.

Often my experience with PoE difficulty is easy, easy, easy, easy, I HAVE 1 LIFE LEFT. That's partially the nature of an evasion toon, but A. as I explained in my OP I have a decent amount of life/es and often have a few thousand armor on at any given time, and B. I have that spikey, randomized difficulty experience will ALL my toons who differ vastly from each other.

But as I said before, I meant for this post to be about others' experiences with difficulty consistency rather than renegotiating this death. It was in Standard, after all, and I've gotten over it... even though I lost many hours of leveling progress XD

We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
THat boss also throws Fire Traps + Desecrate Traps.

Last time i met it it also had some kind of bleed effect on its shots.. this was new to me...

I guess it was Firetrap Crit + low Chaos Res with both traps hitting you ?

But yeah that thing can be really a pita
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info