I'm done with your vendor recipes

I have 2 stash tabs full of unid rings/ammys, and I'm going to simply vendor them all the old fashioned way. I find vendor recipes to be far too boring, so I'm done with it. I believe the recipes were implemented with the short-sighted goal to up-sell stash tabs. This method of acquiring wealth is boring and in no way supports a risk/reward environment. Had these orbs simply drop when slaying monsters, we'd all enjoy the game-play more. But instead we are garbage men, dumping crud into our stash, with the intention of cashing in later.

To be clear, I'm not asking to be rewarded "more", but "differently".

I accept that this is "the way it is". However, I seriously ask GGG to rethink the loot in PoE, and probably start by nerfing vendor recipes in favor of more action on the battlefield in terms of rewarding drops.

Overall, I think PoE is the best ARPG ever created, but something is missing in terms of reward. I believe removing the "waste management" layer would be a big step in the right direction.

Feel free to share your thoughts, and please be respectful and stay on topic.

Cheers,

-beef
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Less of a problem with the recipe itself and more of a problem that rares are so bad that you don't even bother identifying them and just use them for the recipe.

In that, we definitely agree. GGG really need to address it in some capacity.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
First of all, you ask that we share our thoughts, that is all fine, but then please write in a way that is easier to objectively respond to. Thanks in advance.

About chaos orbs:

So you find chaos recipe boring, which is kinda weird to go against, because that is what it's supposed to be, boring/grindy, not all people will enjoy it but then again some people like sugar in their coffee and some don't, and there are some weirdos who don't like coffee, I never understood them, I guess I should forcefeed them coffee till they start liking it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for decreasing the effectiveness of chaos orb recipe, but the economy is practically building on chaos orb, they are the main breakdown/build up currency they are most liquid currency. They took on the job to become "gold coins". This is kind of the situation, I guess GGG wanted to avoid, but the market does things in it's own way and it's really hard to force it in any other direction, than where it's usually heading.
The barter system of the game atm. as far as our "currencies" go, is smth. similar to different countries having different legal tenders and how their values compared to each other change constantly(, like EUR(divine)/USD(exalt)/Yen(chaos) for example), they mostly keep within a value range, but they are never fix unless a greater power (Governments, GGG) sets them up to be, the vendor orb recipes are something like this, especially the alt -> jew -> fuse.

Without the chaos recipe they would need to add enough currency drops to satisfy the market, to somehow make currency worth less than the cost involved in taking on the risky RNG crafting or greatly improve the chances of crafting useful items with currency, which would prompt people to just chaosbomb items till they get a really good item since its easier to get it that way than getting it from a hard boss (please note that there is HUGE amount of luck needed to drop a good item, and even minimal changes to the odds of getting specific high-end mods through crafting would drastically change the change of getting an OP item).

About reward/risk:

You want to be rewarded "differently" the question is, do you want to keep the current system of chaos orb recipes and add a new one, OR change the current system and do it your way, which would create the polar opposites of this post. Also you want more reward for action on the battlefield, could you specify what you mean by that.

Like I'd all be for something like "survival arenas" which would randomly pop-up while mapping or walking around some areas, where you have to enter a battlefield and kill constantly spawning mosters which spawn with more and more HP (I wanted to say faster but then I realised that in this game you can't do that, as it'd only lead to people killing way too easy and possibly freeze out the game at some point, while having mobs with a stupid amount of hp/dam will probably force them out of the game sooner or later [insert detonate dead gem problems here]). You would get 1 tp only to this are they would not drop maps/white items, only currencies, these could imo replace the chaos/regal recipe (there are possibly countless counter-argument to this, feel free to put them in words in a reply).

Also you could go the "make everything drop more and more and more" way which is not only cheap and bland, but possibly terribly wrong, as it only leaves people with the "yeah it drops more but I wish it dropped more" feeling and this is a spiral which most MMORPGS I played enter and never get out of.
Even if you were to add extra difficulty, more diff + more loot, hmm... I suddenly have a deja vu, what was the past leage all about? Ohh I remember disappointment it was. Yes the ghost AI was [] and people on the forums where [] about it and don't forget the double torment map, which was double because it tormented both the viewer and the player. But also it wasn't major, or groundbreaking enough to be able to build up upon, or to replace one of the main arteries of currency/loot in the game.

That's enough ramble for now I guess.
"
KillerB wrote:

You want to be rewarded "differently" the question is, do you want to keep the current system of chaos orb recipes and add a new one, OR change the current system and do it your way, which would create the polar opposites of this post. Also you want more reward for action on the battlefield, could you specify what you mean by that.

I want to be rewarded for killing stuff not collecting garbage. So yeah, just drop the orbs and get rid of the recipe. I think that would be a major improvement by making the gameplay more rewarding and reducing the time we spend in town.
"
Recipes are too boring, wtf? You want them to be exciting somehow?

Please read my post. I think you might have forgot to read it.
"
"
beefnuggy wrote:
"
Recipes are too boring, wtf? You want them to be exciting somehow?

Please read my post. I think you might have forgot to read it.

Yeah I read it it was pretty weak

Go ahead and respond now instead of trying to derail thanks

How is a vendoring gear supposed to be "more exciting"

I'm clearly talking about getting rid of the recipes in favor of something better. Pretty weak? What kind of response is that? Please stay on topic.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
"
KillerB wrote:

I want to be rewarded for killing stuff not collecting garbage. So yeah, just drop the orbs and get rid of the recipe. I think that would be a major improvement by making the gameplay more rewarding and reducing the time we spend in town.

My first part of the ramble was about how important chaos orbs are to the game, and my second part had a part about that you should not just simply throw more orbs at people, also why do you think that your way that mobs should drop the orbs and recipes should not be in the game be better than what the system is now?

Imho both should be treadeable paths, while yours should involve more danger with accidental boosts to the current amount of currency you have (exalt drop for example are not a recipe as of now or an unknown recipe atm. and don't forget, that if you were the only person farming the ex/et orbs you could possibly sell them for near-infinite amount of farmeable orbs and the coming events after this are just plain economics: more people will start farming et/ex their prices will drop blablabla)

The farm way would involve the steadier build-up of currency, after all you have to pay attention to the type of drops, you will end up spending less time "enjoying the slaughterfest", ofc right after writing this down, I realised that saying smth like this is stupid, since there are probably people out there who like farming, and they don't enjoy killing innocent defensless monsters by the thousands.

So in conclusion, I think both should be producing the same amount of currency on average if you do them for like, let's say 100 hours of gametime.

The unid recipe is a risk\reward thing, we see this work out quite well actually TBH. In softcore leagues better items are always available and more and more good items are added into the market every single day. So people take the risk because the odds can be in there favor to do so, in softcore.

In hardcore people don't do the unid recipe, good jewlery\belts\ect are hard to come by, risking multiple chaos rings (as opposed to 1-2 at best vs softcore) isn't worth the risk, so people take the chances and ID them.

Clearly its working as intended if you see the league that has items being removed from the economy choosing not to do it unid.

I honestly think they are fine, they reward the player technically speaking either way, if you don't do the unid recipe and have bad luck on those items then it will take you twice as long to get chaos, if you do ID you could find something EASILY worth 1 exalt, its really up to you.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I also don't like the way chaos recipe can discourage group games. With the 6 portals you get from a map, many would rather haul more trash to the vendor than run with friends. Sure its the player's choice, and if you ask me its pretty cheap-ass to not invite your friends for the additional portals, but its also a reality of PoE. It's very common.
"
goetzjam wrote:

The unid recipe is a risk\reward thing, we see this work out quite well actually TBH. In softcore leagues better items are always available and more and more good items are added into the market every single day. So people take the risk because the odds can be in there favor to do so, in softcore.

In hardcore people don't do the unid recipe, good jewlery\belts\ect are hard to come by, risking multiple chaos rings (as opposed to 1-2 at best vs softcore) isn't worth the risk, so people take the chances and ID them.

Clearly its working as intended if you see the league that has items being removed from the economy choosing not to do it unid.

I honestly think they are fine, they reward the player technically speaking either way, if you don't do the unid recipe and have bad luck on those items then it will take you twice as long to get chaos, if you do ID you could find something EASILY worth 1 exalt, its really up to you.

I get what you're saying, but I can't totally agree. Some drops, such as a Paua Ring, have almost no chance of being decent. So its really not a risk in doing the unid 2-3 chaos recipe. So few item base types are actually good, which imo detracts from the point you've made.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info