1h Shield Flicker build help PLEASE!

"
mythal wrote:
@OP --- read the other feedback here but it sounds like you are getting advice from people telling you to play a different build than what you want.
I did a very popular build like this in early closed beta; and *I was not even the first!*.
I also wrote a guide a long time ago - which is here: [FlickZerker] /view-thread/425311
So - going off that guide - what you can do is go 2-handed and set it up fairly cheap to test it, before you decide to fully commit.

The best item for flicker-strike build just to see how well it works is this 2H axe:

For 1h/shield flicker crit builds its definitely dagger - or claw; as a shadow (ranger can also do well) which does best. As the synergies there are just obvious.
Any other 1h weapon is a waste on that build setup.

As much as I like any help given being talked down,after your quite strong first sentence here, I was assuming you would help the OP in trying a 1h Sword/Shield Flicker build. We both know this doesn't really work, so I am glad you didn't even try besides claiming.

I was a bit amazed to see a 2H Axe being shown afterwards, maybe you already forgot the requested help was mostly about swords, as the OP stated twice.
So after some self-praise you do take up other suggestions made earlier (Dagger, CI, by people who are telling the OP to play a different build than what he wants after all) to come to the conclusion that "any other 1H weapon would be a waste."

Fairly practicable logic.

I do agree that a 2H staff crit flicker can work very nice, but this is not the point, and it will mean you go CI in most cases, which is no option here due to relatively low budget and player preferences.

I am curious what the OP is currently trying and in how far it is successful tho :)

“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
I have just starting toying around with exactly what your looking for on the beta. I haven't decided on weapon choice as of yet but I am attempting to make a duelist flicker tank in HC.

I will keep an eye on here and post some feedback if it works. I will be doing 1h + shield for tankiness while not flickering. As this is the main danger with flicker builds as you usually die if for any reason you stop flickering.

Need to also keep in mind that blood rage now does 4% of life/es as physical damage now instead of chaos damage so building CI isn't free blood rage anymore in the beta.

Build i'm working on. Any input appreciated.
Last edited by Teyo on Jun 24, 2015, 5:48:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info