bad drops

Did a daily into a level 69 map. My character currently lvl81.

Mission, find the unique! Awesome!

Koam's ring. A level nothing ring. What the fuck?

I actually ran around the map trying to find the real reward as I refused to believe it at first.

When I realized that was it, shut the game off and played something else.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I rarely run maps. I prefer to try new builds and try something else.

But I have one map runner and while a random drop from a monster is random. Even the boxes to an bit, OK.

But this was a daily mission with a greater difficulty built in and it drops that shit? No, this goes beyond normal RNG. GGG controls this fully and could have easily eliminated uniques of a certilain level or below.

Still plenty of uniques that aren't that good at mid range to higher that could have made up the pool to keep the chance for a high level from dropping majority of the time, but nope. Just another missed opportunity on their part to make the game better.
A Zana unique mission, singularity box & Inner treasure are exactly the same as any regular unique drop (dice roll). Not sure why would you associate special expectations to these events.

It's mostly garbage, the same as 'regular' drops.

E:
ofc, this is part of a major problem of non-existing loot system, aka "everything drops everywhere". Which wont change, as GGG top brass like this implementation
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 29, 2015, 3:08:20 PM
Don't use logic while I'm being angry!
welcome to my world, Moon.
enjoy your stay.
have some Prozac.

also

expecting drops proportional to difficulty? really? risk/reward? seriously? what is this, Mario D3 Tennis? gaem iz hardkore, so shut up and roll the dice!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 29, 2015, 4:05:54 PM
Common uniques drop commonly. Who would've thought :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
They could still do a better job of it. I keep seeing new uniques being added, but I get the same ten every time. Boring. Very boring.
It's no different than Cowards Trial unique crypt map, you might get really lucky and get a void battery. But more often than not you'll get a common unique like a geofri's baptism.

it's not something to get mad about as you have no control over math and probabilities.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Mar 29, 2015, 4:37:42 PM
Getting mad over not having control is the point. GGG does have control and lumped it in with the rest of the RNG.

They could if they so choose, could easily limit the available pool of uniques in certain instances to not drop a unique below a certain level.

I'm not asking for a godly unique, but risking a map for the same ring that drops in act one normal? I take that as an insult. You can take differently, but that is my feedback.

"
Moonyu wrote:

I'm not asking for a godly unique, but risking a map for the same ring that drops in act one normal? I take that as an insult. You can take differently, but that is my feedback.

Even if I somewhat agree in spirit, doing that has its own drawbacks...
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info