bad drops

The problem is, who determines what uniques are worth dropping in maps? Arguably, Charans sword is a welcome sight in any instance, but would it not fall under the "low level unique" catagory?

Are you asking GGG to put their stamp on what items are worth your time?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Moonyu wrote:

I'm not asking for a godly unique, but risking a map for the same ring that drops in act one normal? I take that as an insult. You can take differently, but that is my feedback.

So GGG should just filter the uniques in these zana missions, unique maps and strongbox mod to what Moon determines is a good unique? What about what I think is a good unique? What if I would enjoy having a unique drop that fell outside of the Moon's unique filter of worthiness?

I'd never turn down a tabula drop or a goddess sword and those both drop at low-levels in Act 1 normal, and I already have multiples of both, I can always find a use for them.

All I'm saying that if GGG were to filter unique loot to only what you deem worthy to drop from these events, then it is entirely possible that lots of loot is left out that many players would have really enjoyed to get, but was not good for you and you deemed unworthy.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Mar 29, 2015, 5:09:43 PM
Oh what I deem worthy? Nicely worded. No its not about what I deem worthy. In t sure how many times I have to write that I am not talking about getting high tier drops. But I am talking about item levels.

So what if there are great low level uniques? When you get to a certain point in certain areas, yes I expect a higher item level to drop. So it won't be Charan's sword (never seen it) or a tab (got one. Never use it). But for all the supposed uniques out there, I see nothing, but the same low level shit no matter the risk? Stupid no matter how pretty a bow you wrap it in.

In D2, my Lvl94 found lots of uniques that were mostly or completely useless to me. But as I fought harder battles the lvl of those uniques went more often. Made the game more fun than finding more vender trash to turn in orbs to gamble away in yet another layer of RNG.

But I see that most of you won't see it from my point of view. Oh well, keep misunderstanding. Its what this forum does best.

Thanks Charan. I needed that.
"
Moonyu wrote:

So what if there are great low level uniques? When you get to a certain point in certain areas, yes I expect a higher item level to drop. So it won't be Charan's sword (never seen it) or a tab (got one. Never use it). But for all the supposed uniques out there, I see nothing, but the same low level shit no matter the risk? Stupid no matter how pretty a bow you wrap it in.

I can't speak for other people in this thread, but I was not being facetious. You're asking for low level items to not drop in high level areas. Ok. I understand that. Atziri was the solution to this problem. Are you happy with that?

"
Moonyu wrote:

But I see that most of you won't see it from my point of view. Oh well, keep misunderstanding. Its what this forum does best.

I'm not misunderstanding you. I'm telling you that you may find the alternative to be far less palatable.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Mar 29, 2015, 6:24:07 PM
People do these kind of maps and quests dozens of times a day. Expecting great drops from just 1 map? Sorry man - common drops are common.

Here's a brief overview of my 1 motnh HC day (that is today(all gear self-found, except some gems)) I killed around 4-5 voidspawns of abaxoth, in whole day dropped around 6-7~ uniques (all "garbage"), almost got slaughtered by Living Blood bosses. By JohnKeys standards I should've been awarded with full mirrored gear, but I'm not complaining about the garbage I get, because all the small currency gained sums up very, very nicely.

I'd say you're feeling a bit too much entitled to great drops.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Mar 29, 2015, 9:14:15 PM
When I used to play with high MF in 77+ pretty much got a unique in every second map.

You can't expect anything good from that. Orange =/= good.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
"
Moonyu wrote:
Did a daily into a level 69 map. My character currently lvl81.

Mission, find the unique! Awesome!

Koam's ring. A level nothing ring. What the fuck?

I actually ran around the map trying to find the real reward as I refused to believe it at first.

When I realized that was it, shut the game off and played something else.

Kaom.

GG sir, well played.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
7 of the last 10 uniques that have dropped for me in standard have been Voidhome. It's become a running joke, but hey! Free alt shards!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info