[1.3]Screensize Shockwave. 2.0 updated!

Hardcore viable build that works well with no gear, and is really strong with ~5EX worth of gear. Huge clear speed, super safe.

[spoiler=2.0_Update!]
Edit:

Blackhole totem Hype!
Tree
I am not playing totem this league, so you might need to adjust few things based on how you feel about it. New EB is so good! If you fee like you need placement speed - replace Arcane Potency with Shamanistic Fury or Totemic Zeal. For auras: Hatred, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice (better freeze and shock). For gems: swt - faster cast - inc aoe - phys to lightning/added fire/added lightning/added cold/crit chance/multi/conc/rarity. I would try out this shield as well: http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Trolltimber+Spire. If life leech will be applied to you - might be good to get Ghost Reaver instead of Zealots Oath and drop life regen (or keep both). For softcore consider swapping Blood Drinker cluster for one of those mentioned above.[/spoiler]

+ No gear required to start using this spec, just 4 link will work really well, even 3 link will work ok.
+ With proper gear(which is not hard to get) has clearspeed comparable to flameblast/firetrap.
+ Extra safety as shockwave will act as decoy totem taking 95% of aggro on itself, as well as freezing/knocking back.
+ Wide variety of map mods that this build can run (Any reflect, Temp chains don't work on totems, extra damage is not as scary because totems will take the hit).
- Pretty bad for early leveling (totems will not have enough aoe to protect themself from taking damage, as well as they won't freeze mobs as much). I recommend using firetrap/flameblast/lightning tendrils to start.
- Can sometimes annoy players in a group (knockback), but this mostly depends on your dps.
- Desync is a thing. Though it does not really cause any troubles.

Map vid
This video is of my previous SWT build, but concept is the same. Though because i was not using phys to lightning back then - some high HP targets were not getting shocked and took a bit longer to kill.

Previous Shockwave Build (Bloodlines League)
This time i decided to go into Shadow tree instead of Scion life wheel, which at high levels is giving almost same life amount, but 40 more dex, which makes gearing easier, alot more damage, some cast speed, movement speed and crit. You can also make this build much tankier at higher levels by using Cloak of Defiance and droping purity of elements or switching hatred for herald of ice or droping herald of thunder (or combination of those).

For leveling i used lightning tendrils + SWT. Any AOE skill would work well for leveling. While leveling i used +1 sceptre for tendrils. After switching to dual totems(when i hit A1 Merciless) i crafted 2 daggers (80% implicit crit) with spell damage and used those until i got Divinarius. Belt of Deceiver is quite good for this build and really cheap. Goldwyrm is cheap and provides item quantity, which i find quite important for map drops and what not, as well as juicy mana regen that will help you ALOT before you get good rings with mana regen (would consider never switching those for anything else). Meginord's Vise gloves can last you for a while as well.

When to switch to dual totems?
Before switching into dual totems i would recommend having following 4 checks:
1. Some sort of cold damage (Hatred of Herald of Ice). Chilling/Freezing enemies provides huge survivability for you and your totems.
2. Purity of Elements. Until you have high AOE some mobs can cause troubles by killing totems to fast (Docks dogs for example). Also this will provide starting boost to fix your resistances easily.
3. Increased AOE+Faster Casting linked. Don't even bother using SWT without those.
4. Templar and Witch AOE nodes.

Links:Faster Casting(must have), Increased AOE(must have), Phys to Lightning, Added Fire, Conc Effect(would not recommend using until you have all the aoe), Crit Chance/Multi, Item Rarity.

Once you feel like you no longer need purity of elements - switch to 3 heralds and hatred. Consider not using conc effect when playing solo - it might result in higher clearspeed/survivability if your dps is high enough.

Bandits: Oak, Oak, kill
Skill tree 49 points
Skill tree 86 points
Skill tree 104 points
Skill tree 116 points

Gear

Stats:
Offence

Defence
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Aug 23, 2015, 3:18:28 AM
If you have any questions, or want to see build in action - http://www.twitch.tv/m0rph3x
I have no second monitor, so if i miss your question - just ask again until i answer :)
Updated!
I am interested in trying this build with a Scion but it is a little confusing.

It is under the Scion section which is what I wanted but the passive tree is for a witch and I was wondering if you had a Scion version?.

I like the Whirling Blades movement gem so plan to use weapons that allow their use. What affixes would I be looking for? I assume physical damage additives for spells but not sure how they are called out?

Since it goes MOM / EB/ ZO is mana regen worthless? I plan to use 100% mana reserve on auras but i was not sure if since ES is being used like mana if mana regen would be added to ES regen?
Last edited by CDFINLEY on Oct 18, 2015, 10:01:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info