[1.3]Bloodlines Screensize Shockwave Totem Build

Edit: added video

Bandits: Oak, Oak, kill(or Allira if you feel like getting power charges with ice spear).
I have kill, kill, Allira.

Map vid

Skill tree lvl 87 (current)
Skill tree lvl 96

Stats:

Defence

Offence with current(see above) skill tree

Offence with Annihilation and Arcane Potency (http://poeurl.com/zaRouxf)

Annihilation, Arcane Potency and crit multi gem instead of crit chance

gear
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Jan 15, 2015, 7:42:52 AM
Seems like a very nice and fun build. can you post some screenshots with offence/deffence
IGN : OverlordTryHard
"
overlord_ro wrote:
Seems like a very nice and fun build. can you post some screenshots with offence/deffence

Will add offence/deffence screenshots in a min. This was probably the best build i've ever played so far. Super safe, super high clear speed, can deal with pretty much any content. Map mods? Temp chains - only slows your movement speed. Reflect - does almost nothing because if totem crits - it dies, but so do mobs. Reflect+fracture though is a bit annoying, but no problem still. Half regen - just drop arctic armor. Any damage mods are way safer as well because you let totems deal with it. Pretty cheap (2xDiv and carcass so 3ex, and even that is not REALLY needed, more of a quality of life). Was running with 4link probably until 80. To be honest i would even drop added fire for item rarity and get aurseize. So totem+faster casting+aoe+rarity, and then conc as 5link.
wow, this build is so close to my torment char that i lol'ed.

I am 84 at torment right now, 10k dps per totem with 5L (no conc. effect)

i just got a question, why do you bother taking the smaller aura circles ? i only got Sovereignty cluster and can easily run HoA HoT Hatred Clarity with 459 mana unreserved. Are u using herald of ice too ?

you are right about the uniques, i run with 2 self crafted daggers and a rare 5L chest and it works like a charm. Probably all the gear this build needs to get started is 10c or something

Is this better than a dual flame totem build? and if so why?

Ty
"
Camaron wrote:

Is this better than a dual flame totem build? and if so why?

Ty

played both totems for some time, both have ups and downs.

Flame totem shotguns, dealing immense dmg when it is very close to mobs and it benefits from powerful ele/fire dmg nodes and projectile nodes on tree. Also it is much more party friendly as it does not knockback.

Shockwave has an immense AoE coverage and does not lose dps due to range. It protects you and itself with knockback. Also being a phy. and area spell it has access to some goodies that Flame totems cant benefit (Rustic Sash, Hatred and Herald of Ash, Inc. AoE and Conc. Effect, Area nodes). Also your team hates you for scattering mobs (until u can one shot everything so scatter doesnt matter)

Imo, it is hard to say one is better. I will say non-crit FT is a good first char, esp. in HC as you can take a few critical dps nodes and focus on defense. Also cheap to get going and easier to play.

Crit Shockwave on the other hand, is a beast, esp. after u get it going. Right now (87-Torment) i got 21k+ dps per totem with 5L (This is just tooltip dps in hideout.No power charges.No atziri flask.No fancy stuff. Gems are lvl 19) Thanks to hatred it freezes everything that it cant one-shot. The most expensive item is a badly rolled maligaro gloves.
But as a crit build it requires more investment and knowledge in the build. I got 4.2k or so hp and AA as defense (i guess i wont lose much if i use cloak of defiance). I do not die unless i am trying limits of the build (last death was L85, trying double +dmg merveil in necropolis for ex), but everytime i make a positioning mistake (be it myself or totems) i am punished for it.

these are my late night ramblings about the totems, probably forgot some important things due to sleep but it shall give you a general idea.
What Quasireel said. Shockwave is pretty good for first char as well though - i will be making it as my first next league. Planning on using Goldwyrm Nubuck Boots and Aurseize Steelscale Gauntlets for extra loot and map drops. As well as item rarity - faster casting - inc aoe - totem. 3link is enough for solo.
For a group play - i would recommend dropping inc aoe for conc, so you don't knockback mobs offscreen, though some builds actually benefit from you knocking back mobs into walls (first thing that comes in to mind is kinetic blast).
I didn't play flame totem, but from my observations i could say SWT has better AOE potential, while FT has better single target. Also i'm not sure on this one, but do FT builds get extra phys reduction/resists for totems? If they do - there is another benefit of SWT - i only had purity of elements to buff my totems survivability and that seemed enough due to knockback/freeze.
One thing i would consider if you go crit - using herald of thunder instead of fire. I would actually take ice even before fire. It might seem like a dps loss, but as far as i remember at SWT level 19 HOT was giving more dps than HOF, as well as adding shock potential.
And another thing - i would probably not get power charges if you go crit. For the most part it seemed like a waste. Mobs were dying to fast. I was using arc-curse on hit-ass mark-pcoc for some time and didn't like it.
"
Quasireel wrote:

i just got a question, why do you bother taking the smaller aura circles ? i only got Sovereignty cluster and can easily run HoA HoT Hatred Clarity with 459 mana unreserved. Are u using herald of ice too ?

Initially that character was made to be made into low life freezing pulse, so i was picking some nodes i would need after i switch, but it was so fun that i decided to roll separate char for low life :D That is also the reason i have wrong bandit rewards. However, i like Leadership for making sure my auras reach totems when i fight something sketchy. Also i was running purity of elements + clarity + hatred + HoT and would be able to run one more herald eventually (i could run it already, but did not have enough mana to cast totem), so basically purity on top of your auras. And with that i felt like influence is worth getting for more damage and resists for totems, as well as for me, making gearing much easier.
I revisited this build recently, so i should have somewhat decent demonstration of a build in a VOD. I'll try to find it and post here. Though it is bit different build now because i was testing some other things on it, should still give clear picture of a build.
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Jan 14, 2015, 8:05:11 AM
I want to follow your build please update your skill tree for me(I cant enter.) :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info