[1.3] No Cash Lowlife - LL ST with 10 ex budget - 5 auras & 3 heralds, 22k LMP dps in a 5L

"

Yeah right, so the build I am playing right now is impossible, makes sense.

Depends of what you mean with "possible". If you like to be squishy as fuck and die every now and then, forever lvl 90, can't handle reflect, zero DPS, mkay then its possibroh.

All is see is "wannabe a LL ST", as the fact we have some pathetic parody. :\

But if you like it - then play it, why not. hf.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
"

Yeah right, so the build I am playing right now is impossible, makes sense.

Depends of what you mean with "possible". If you like to be squishy as fuck and die every now and then, forever lvl 90, can't handle reflect, zero DPS, mkay then its possibroh.

All is see is "wannabe a LL ST", as the fact we have some pathetic parody. :\

But if you like it - then play it, why not. hf.

If you think that dps of this build is zero then your opinion is simply not credible.
I suspect you're one of 'those' people who think that for example 250k singletarget is low dmg not viable in endgame.

Again, if you can show any better alternative within the same budget please do so, I am still waiting, so far only fbzzs posted his life-based one.

Also on the subject of reflect - my current char is lvl 88 now and I haven't died to reflect damage so far. Came pretty close once, but was in a party when I blindly fired offscreen through like 20+ enemies under reflect aura. That was before AA.

Now, just tested in 76 maps - firing through around 5-6 enemies barely reduces hp, so even ele reflect packs are mostly non-issue. Phys reflect is ignored completely thanks to AA.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Apr 6, 2015, 2:25:03 PM
Looks really awesome!

I've been playing since open beta so I've accrued the items/currency of the middle class PoE player

items i'm considering

Spoiler

Thoughts on what would be best in slot?
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
"
lDantonl wrote:
Looks really awesome!

I've been playing since open beta so I've accrued the items/currency of the middle class PoE player

items i'm considering

Spoiler

Thoughts on what would be best in slot?

CoE and Prism are mutually exclusive items.
With CoE you need high ES spelldmg shield.
In this case you will most likely won't be able to run HoA and Hatred.

Prism on the other hand allows to stack a lot more auras on life than you normally would be able to.
For example, you can socket 3*60% auras like I did, and there will still be more room to add one herald on life with lvl 20 Blood Magic and Reduced Mana.

So decide which you prefer.
In the ultimate setup people do get more damage with CoE.

Doryani's Invitation is meh, don't use it, no ES, no WED.
Auxium is alright if you can cap resists with it, otherwise rare belt.

Dagger is ok but get one with higher phys dmg if you can, for better leech.

For tree you can use something like this:

Scion VP

With CoE all starter Scion nodes will go towards increasing damage + you get VP
"

Oh really now? Have YOU played an ST build with Abyssus? My guess is not in the last half a year, because Abyssus does not work with ST, ST in not a melee attack, it worked before but it was a bug and was patched long ago. Before that change yes, utilising that bug made ST life-based builds a lot better than they are now.

Without Abyssus you won't get nearly as much damage as LL version can.

Only the crit multiplier no longer works, the added phys still does. And yes, I have and I do. At 21k dps currently with a 280dps dagger. Lvl18-19 non-quality gems as well.
Last edited by Cabesi on Apr 8, 2015, 5:07:12 AM
"
Cabesi wrote:

Only the crit multiplier no longer works, the added phys still does. And yes, I have and I do. At 21k dps currently with a 280dps dagger. Lvl18-19 non-quality gems as well.

Using it just for added damage is kinda wasteful, with options like Rat's Nest which don't screw your defense. Besides the better dagger you have the less effect it has on your total damage, so there is also that. I'd rather use Meginord + Rat's in case of phys ST, + new Cthulhu shield with added phys and asp.
Last edited by Shajirr on Apr 8, 2015, 8:05:11 AM
"

Using it just for added damage is kinda wasteful, with options like Rat's Nest which don't screw your defense. Besides the better dagger you have the less effect it has on your total damage, so there is also that. I'd rather use Meginord + Rat's in case of phys ST, + new Cthulhu shield with added phys and asp.

While it is interesting to see you suggest improvements for other people's builds - even, and especially, after half-ignoring what they said (i.e. Double Strike), I am pretty sure the debate was whether or not it was worth going LL over life.

You already had someone post his Crit Ele ST build - something I can't really be bothered to do for the Phys ST version -, with higher dmg and much higher survivability, not to mention mobility - and for what I suspect is gonna be even lower cost -, and your only response was that your dmg is whole 15% phys, therefore better.

That doesn't really cut it as far as meaningful discussion goes. Your build has many clear weaknesses that aren't easily explained away:

1. Very low ES that is an equivalent of about 3.5k life.
-you say you can get more with better rings -> every LL build depends on jewellery most of all and that's why they are so expensive - > so there goes your budget part

2. No evasion, Acro, Phase Acro or Ondars
-you say it doesn't matter because you kill everything first -> but so do all the other Crit ST builds so that's not even relevant
-you use AA -> lvl13 AA barely does anything -> sure, you can get more mana regen to run higher lvl AA -> but not with this budget

3. You will die to ele reflect
-you say that you won't -> but who are you trying to fool, we have all played similar builds, we know with what you can and can't get away with on continuous bases

4. While your items might not be expensive per se, they are very specific and might be very hard to get

5. Either you are not getting mobility, stun immunity or you lose stats on your amulet

6. No freeze immunity either

Now, for all that downside - that Ele or Phys ST life builds don't have - you are getting what? Possibly slightly higher dmg than Phys ST builds and possibly comparable dmg to Ele ST? That doesn't sound so great to me.
"
Cabesi wrote:

While it is interesting to see you suggest improvements for other people's builds - even, and especially, after half-ignoring what they said (i.e. Double Strike), I am pretty sure the debate was whether or not it was worth going LL over life.

No this a thread about someone thinking outside the current available builds and making a new viable one that may lead to more new builds and greater build diversity while you sir are whinging and whining that your build is better ( or life is better). Ok so it might be. It might not be but stop being so high and mighty about someone exploring a new area/build of the game that hasn't really been explored so far.
"
TheChandrian wrote:

No this a thread about someone thinking outside the current available builds and making a new viable one that may lead to more new builds and greater build diversity while you sir are whinging and whining that your build is better ( or life is better). Ok so it might be. It might not be but stop being so high and mighty about someone exploring a new area/build of the game that hasn't really been explored so far.

"
Cabesi wrote:

That said, it's always good to see build diversity and if someone, for whatever reason, fancies to do a LL ST, it's nice to have a budget version for him.

"

- can be built in under 10ex budget, one of the cheapest LL builds you will ever find - decent damage, outperforms life-based ST builds at high levels

"
If you can point any build that can achieve better ST dps and ES values with same budget I would greatly appreciate it. To my knowledge there aren't any, but I may have missed some.

"
Again, if you can show any better alternative within the same budget please do so, I am still waiting, so far only fbzzs posted his life-based one.

Cabesi

Already explained that dmg comparison to Crit ele ST build was not valid, because it used all lvl 20 gems, which had I access to the damage values would be much higher than they are currently.

How exactly is 4800 ES equivalent to 3500 life?

About ele reflect I already explained that I don't die to it, need to post some short video compilation vs reflect packs I guess.

About items being specific it is already mentioned in the cons of the build.
Hard to get - no, if you use poe.trade they aren't.
Self-found is still impossible, but I always considered it a silly idea in PoE which is flat out not designed to support it.

Other points are valid, but they are mostly universal downsides of going LL. ]
Its either Paws, amulet or shitton of points to get Unwavering.

"
Now, for all that downside - that Ele or Phys ST life builds don't have - you are getting what? Possibly slightly higher dmg than Phys ST builds and possibly comparable dmg to Ele ST? That doesn't sound so great to me.

You get significantly higher damage than both builds, and better party utility by providing 5 auras, plus situational AA use. Essentially damage vs survivability tradeoff.
Last edited by Shajirr on Apr 9, 2015, 12:45:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info