CI aegis melee block wtchbtch. s.strike/vaalrighteousfire

awesome dude, glad its working well..
pvp is definitely fun, hopefully after 2.0 patch
with game improvements will be even better..

I think currently im 15th overall on the standard + hardcore combined pvp ladder
with this build.. but of course these rankings fluctuate all the time..
Win some, lose some.. I do not do terrible tho. :)
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
Last edited by GDSLICK on Apr 24, 2015, 3:44:17 PM
Hey just curious - this seems like the perfect build for Mjolner, seems it would significantly increase dps without sacrificing survivability, or am I thinking of it wrong? Can you explain the choice there?

Also curious why you are running Dream Fragments; seems a rare would be better.

Reply would be awesome. Either way, thanks for posting, I really like the build.
Last edited by nhouser9 on Apr 25, 2015, 3:33:53 AM
Also, check this change near the templar start - surely the 9% IAS 3% movement speed and 20 dex is better than 30 int? Might even let you drop one of the +30 dex nodes in your tree (allthough that would also depend on your gear).

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAW8B5wQHBjkNfA48EVAUcRXXGyUb-h1PHdkfAiSLJd8o-io4LKYsvy0fMtE1uTbFNug3gzpSOq062D0PQktDVENjRUdGaUcGS65Ms1FgValWY1fJWK9ca19qaPJqAW0Zb4RxTXKpd-V4DXk5fLt82X7igh6ESIXFhmCGrocpiEKLeox2j_qVIJe0ms-ePJ7Nn8ukGabrpwinK6cwqW6vbLTFtiy3MbiTwGbBxcHzw23EFcT2xYrQ0Ngk2Vvb59-K377i9-kC6dXqGOvu7BjsOPMG9HH3Mvjr-6r_HK3xGF087w==
hrmm.. using a mjolner would completely change the build.
if you want to play a mjolner build there is 9000 of them lol.
Feel free to pick one :)

I use a dream fragments because freeze is a massive problem for a CI..
the dream fragments and unwavering stance deletes the problem with freeze and stun
you face as a CI.. it also helps immensely with mana.. since I only get mana leech
from warlords mark.. the dream fragments not only helps my mana and mana regen .. but the specific corruption on my dream fragments also allows me to gain mana in no regen + monsters cannot be cursed maps.. which is very helpful.

And again, you can do whatever you like, but this is why I choose to use this ring.

As far as the passive tree goes, I am looking forward to adapting this for the 2.0 tree once it goes live, with jewels and all that good stuff.
Should be a lot of fun.. I don't want to get into passive choices now because it will change soon enough,

also.. my dexterity is bare minimum. I use ONE green gem.. a 19/20 faster attacks that requires 106 dex..I have 107 dex and a 20/20 fast attacks requires 109.. so the way I am set up if I took that node I could not drop a dex node. I would gain dex that is worthless, accuracy that is worthless, and the 9%ias and 3%ms..
I prefer the es to the ms and ias.

thanks for interest in the build tho, and I will update it after patch. :)
Last edited by GDSLICK on Apr 25, 2015, 4:49:34 AM
Thanks for the reply. As the patch isn't for over a month and I want to try this out, can you please explain why faster attacks is better than multistrike here? If I am doing math correctly multistrike should do much more dps while allowing you to drop any dex nodes you are required to take in the passive tree.
I prefer faster attacks to multistrike, simple as that.
Multistrike will definitely raise damage numbers on the tooltp,
However being caught in the multistrike animation is a pet peeve of mine.

In some content, it can be a huge pain in the rear.. and im just not a fan
of the multistrike gem overall.

Another, though not as important reason, is that I built this character to
be functional in both pve and pvp, and although pve is definitely more
important, I can swap faster attacks with block chance reduction. :)
Cannot swap multistrike with block chance reduction.

It is more important though the first reason.
updated skill tree, messing around not sure if will keep these changes..
lost a fair amount of es which is the worry.. armor is about the same.

but did gain a bit of dmg and attack speed and then lots of movespeed with the combination
of the "precision" nodes and then "art of the gladiator"
also doesn't hurt going through mana flows. we will see how this plays.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8B3AHnBAcGOQ48EVAUcRXXGF0bJRv6HU8d2R8CJIsl3yo4LL8tHzLRNbk2xTboOlI6rTrYPO89D0JLQ1RDY0VHRmlHBkuuTLNRYFWpVmNYr1xrX2pgkWdYaPJqAW0ZbmlvhHKpd-V4DXk5fLt82X7igh6ESITZhcWGYIauiEKLeox2j_qVIJe0njyezZ_LpBmnCKcrpzCpbq3xr2y0xbYstzG4k76KvqfAZsHFwfPDbcQVxLjE9sWK0NDV-Ngk2Vvb59-K377i9-St6QLp1eoY7BjsOPMG9HH3Mvjr-6r_HA==

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAecEhwY5DPcRDxFQFPYV1xkuGj4aVRpsGyUb-h1PJd8n7SkuKU8svy0fLlMyTjW5Nug62DsNPQ9AoEJLQ2NGt0uuTLNNRlFgValWY1cNXGtfKmEhYuxmVGhYaPJqAW0ZcU1yqXRVeTl8uHy7fNl-4oIehEiE74VShXuFxYY7hq6IQonYi0-Mdo9Gj5mVIJe0ms-bapuhna6ePJ7Nn8ukGacIpyunMKmVrJisr69sr6e2LLcxwL_BgsHFwfPDbcT2xYrQH9Nv15bZW9lh2sHa3d-K377kIukC6dXsGOw47-vxrPMG9zL31_uq

Spoiler

updated for 2.0 .. not perfect , but what is. let me know what you think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info