CI aegis melee block wtchbtch. s.strike/vaalrighteousfire

my passive tree (currently lvl 94)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8B5wQHBjkNfA48EVAUcRXXGyUb-h1PHdkfAiSLJd8o-ilPKjgspiy_LR8y0TW5NsU26DeDOlI6rTrYPQ9CS0NUQ2NFR0ZpRwZLrkyzUWBVqVZjV8lYr1xrX2po8moBbRlvhHFNcql35XgNeTl8u3zZfuKCHoRIhcWGYIauhymIQot6jHaP-pUgl7Saz548ns2fy6QZpuunCKcrpzCpbq9stMW1BLYstzG4k8BmwcXB88NtxBXE9sWK0NDYJNlb2-ffit--4vfkIukC6dXqGOvu7BjsOPMG9HH3Mvjr-6r_HA==

my current gear/gem setup
Spoiler

Tree is very defensive, giving me a lot of armor/es and block for Aegis to function well..
With a lot of flat lightning and % lightning and elemental modifiers and the gems I can use in my 6 link being CI I generate good dmg with static strike and then vaal righteous fire is a really nice secondary "weapon" to have.
5 Keystones are vital.. Chaos Innoculation, Ghost Reaver, Resolute Technique, Unwavering Stance and Vaal Pact.
The CWDT setup in my scepter is awesome because I am RT and did not take any shock nodes, so my Static Strike will not shock, however this setup with the Ele Proliferation from scepter shocks everything quite easily and constantly.
For auras I run Discipline and HoT, and then double curse off my Tempest Shield, thanks to the corruption on my amulet. Enfeeble and Warlord's Mark are good choices..both doing numerous beneficial thing's, and since i'm already using Lightning Penetration on my main attack Conductivity was ruled out in favor of these 2 curses.
In my Thunderfists, I have 2 counter gems. Vengeance and Reckoning..
with Conc Effect and Increased AOE would be nice..but with the mitts adding an Added Lighting gem and thus essentially giving each counter it's own 4 link.. it works really well.
And then of course a Leap Slam in my ring :) Gotta have something for movement and terrain navigation.. I crafted this ring (along with the belt and boots) specifically for this character and love having this extra socket, for without it I would not beable to keep a movement gem with my current gem setup and link's which I feel are in a good place.
Obviously, it has taken me quite a while to piece together this character but I thoroughly enjoy playing Path of Exile and do not intend to stop anytime soon.. I do have some other character's but for now I will continue to focus on this Witch in anticipation of gradually getting closer to lvl 100 :)
Thanks for reading, see you in Act 4 !

gdslick
ign: Mwaahaaha
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
please just pm me in game rather then sending a forum pm..
im on a lot and much easier to respond to a question in game :)

Thank you for this build.
No problem J, I hope you enjoy messing with it.

Lemme know if need anything :)
Great build man!
hello mate,

can you show your stats? offense and defense? and have you done atziri?

so as you see I have 9800 base armor and 9400es..
all my resists are fine, cant be stunned, cant be frozen..
51%/33% base block/spell block, the 1 rumis I use pushes that to 75%/65%

my static strike is what? like just above 11k tooltip I think..
this isn't taking into account lightning penetration.
its definitely not obscenely high dmg but it is just fine :)

vrf..doesn't even show dmg so I have no idea how much that does.
stuff dies tho.
EDIT: also aside from vrf, also have the dmg coming off me from:
reckoning, vengeance, tempest shield, cwdt shock nova, and HoT

and as far as atziri goes.. the atziri content is not difficult content,
certain things are required that I have to swap/switch to to maximize
effectiveness..
I wouldn't run atziri in my normal setup, just because its not as smart as
swapping to things that work better in that fight..
but I also will not build and gear a character specifically for a tiny bit
of optional content.. id rather gear for everything else,
and swap for that content if I feel like running it.
Last edited by GDSLICK on Apr 16, 2015, 5:37:10 PM
I've been leveling a character with this build (Currently 64), and I must say that's being one of the best and safest build to level with. Mirrored gear is not a requirement, you can get a good chest for 1ex with 1k+ armour/+350 es, but I must recommend aegis legacy, its not crucial but makes a substantial difference :).

Good build mate!

Cheers

haha ofc mirrored gear is not necessary :)

and im glad you like the build and its working good for you.
legacy aegis is definitely preferable.. the new one is a great
placeholder tho to try it out.

Just to give an update.

Just hit Lvl75, and currently my stats are:

5.5k es
8.1k armour
4.4k dps
block 51%
spell block 36%

Still need some crusaders gloves to give more armour/es. I intend to replace the gloves for those thunderfist after getting a good chest :) (bought one with 1.1k+ ar/+-350 es for 8c,with no sockets or links).

So far, I've done all maps without a problem :), with non mirrored gear! Just using a legacy aegis that I had, probably the most expensive item that I have in current values.

Will do some lvl76/77 maps and come back to give an update.

PS: I've tested it in pvp, and has been so fun. Melee builds are a joke :)

Once again, great build and thank you for sharing it!

Cheers

IGN: DeadWitch_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info