MoonYu's book (a review)

With a bit of a delay here is my review of moons book.

Although English is not my mother tongue I enjoyed reading it quite a lot.
Words and phrases weren’t too hard and everything was quite easy to understand.

What really bugged me was the amount of mistakes. I noticed quite a few without even being a native speaker. Maybe you should make a trustworthy person go through it.

The plot was very nice and interesting. This genre is fairly new to me.
What I didn’t quite get were some of Moons actions: On the one hand he seems to be a strong and clever guy with forceful and planned actions and on the other hand he seems quite clumsy.
Sometimes I had the impression that the suspension curve is missing. Although it is good and sometimes really exciting it seems that some „peaks“ are missing.

I really liked your style of writing. It was an interesting and humorous read. The style of the ego-perspective somehow reminded me of „Bartimäus“
For me personally there were a little too many different names. Sometimes was hard for me to remember the role of a certain guy.

I absolutely loved the references of Poe and the forums you included into your book, I most liked the Hillock reference (I think he was called Tom)

PS
This is my first thread so Yay!
Thank you for the review. Yes I need an editor as I am an amateur at best.

To Moon's actions, I wrote him with a self destructive personality to allow for him to willingly go into bad situations.

And if you read A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, there is the invisible force of life screwing with him. (And the Stupid Jar is broken too)

The PoE references are from the original stories I wrote just got this forum, but I had to make a few changes for both legal reasons and better naming. Tim is suppose to be Hillock as portrayed by ScrotieMcB. A name that is also both protected by copyright and not fit for a general audience.

(The name Tim is taken from Monty Python. One of many such references to other work I love reading or watching.)
GG thread. Have cookies. *hugs*
"
Moonyu wrote:

(The name Tim is taken from Monty Python. One of many such references to other work I love reading or watching.)

The enchanter?
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
Yes.

Did you catch the reference to the Swamp castle scene? There more, but one or two are seriously inside jokes only one or two people in the world would get
On a more serious note, I am looking at picking up some books to help my writing. I have been too long out of school and realize I need a refresher.

I am also thinking about killing my website to open a new one later. Not sure how many of you still go there and its not like I have posted anything new of late.
why not post in his book thread? did this really need another thread about it?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
You don't need to post in threads you don't care for. You can just ignore it you know.
Agreed. It gets hard to ignore when its incessant though ;)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
If Wretch is anything like me, ignoring threads is physically impossible.

Like driving past a car crash without looking, or trying not to watch the jump scare "something in the mirror" scenes in scary movies.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info