Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Game freezes/crashes from time to time!

Just for cleanliness sake, do you want to chuck the DxDiag into a Spoiler tag?

Have you tried rolling your GPU drivers back to an earlier stable version?

No problems with temperatures?

Can you replicate the crashes with other games or benchmarking software?

Have you done a pack check of the ggpk file? (Or verified in Steam)

What other software/applications are you usually running when playing?

Fullscreen/Windows Fullscreen/Windowed?

Multi-monitor setup?

You've got enough gas, specs wise, to not have any problems so there is bound to be an explanation. Does the sound hitch or loop at all? Have you tried running it with -SWA (software audio) etc.

(Sorry for all the questions)

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Just for cleanliness sake, do you want to chuck the DxDiag into a Spoiler tag?

Have you tried rolling your GPU drivers back to an earlier stable version?

No problems with temperatures?

Can you replicate the crashes with other games or benchmarking software?

Have you done a pack check of the ggpk file? (Or verified in Steam)

What other software/applications are you usually running when playing?

Fullscreen/Windows Fullscreen/Windowed?

Multi-monitor setup?

You've got enough gas, specs wise, to not have any problems so there is bound to be an explanation. Does the sound hitch or loop at all? Have you tried running it with -SWA (software audio) etc.

(Sorry for all the questions)

Sorry for slow reply, thought the crashes went away but they came back today and ripped my lvl 60 char in the 1MonthHC.

Have not tried to roll back gpu drivers, temperature is super fine roughly around 40-55. Havn't occured these problems with any other game, playing CSGO at maximum settings aswell as dota 2 and WoW. I dont run the steam client, I use the standalone poe client someone recommended it. Fullscreen. No multimonitor.

Im currently running with --nosound. I tried the -swa earlier but it didnt fix the problem either.
Well, I'm a little out of ideas and thoughts sorry.

We must summon someone smarter than me!

*SUMMON*
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Maybe my suggestion will help, maybe not, as I'm not skilled enough to understand how exactly it works and what it influences:

1) Go to your Windows System Control -> Software and make sure, that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 is the latest version installed. If there are any versions later than 2010, uninstall them. Older ones should have no impact.

2) Go to your Path of Exile/_CommonRedist/vcredist folder, run the x64 file (for 64bit systems) and choose the repair/reset option.

Mind that this can affect other games that require other MVC versions too, just repair/reinstall the needed ones when you want to play these games.

Last edited by Salumba on Mar 27, 2015, 9:09:10 AM
"
Salumba wrote:
Maybe my suggestion will help, maybe not, as I'm not skilled enough to understand how exactly it works and what it influences:

1) Go to your Windows System Control -> Software and make sure, that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 is the latest version installed. If there are any versions later than 2010, uninstall them. Older ones should have no impact.

2) Go to your Path of Exile/_CommonRedist/vcredist folder, run the x64 file (for 64bit systems) and choose the repair/reset option.

Mind that this can affect other games that require other MVC versions too, just repair/reinstall the needed ones when you want to play these games.

Windows system control? Not sure where that is, I have windows 8 btw and kinda new to it. Tried gooling aswell but yea alot of useless topics etc. I also don't have a /_CommonRedist folder in my PoE map. THe closest to that I can find is the Redist map which have a dxsetup.exe, is that what you are referring to?
Also I looked under my "Remove/add programs tab and the latest Microsoft visual c++ that I see is 2010 x86 Redistributable. Is this okay?
"
sebeke wrote:
Also I looked under my "Remove/add programs tab and the latest Microsoft visual c++ that I see is 2010 x86 Redistributable. Is this okay?

Because your system is a 64bit one, I guess it's not ok. The x86 version is for 32bit systems. Uninstall it, then install the MVC++ 2010 x64 Redistributable. If you do not find it in your PoE folder, you can download it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=13523
It's amazing how much tweaking you have to do for a single game. I play a lot of high end games and I never get those kind freezes.

Can we expect an improvement upon the optimization of the game? I play at the lowest settings and this game is eating twice as much RAM as any other application I use.
"
Salumba wrote:
"
sebeke wrote:

Because your system is a 64bit one, I guess it's not ok. The x86 version is for 32bit systems. Uninstall it, then install the MVC++ 2010 x64 Redistributable. If you do not find it in your PoE folder, you can download it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Uninstalled the x86 version. But I don't have a Path of Exile/_CommonRedist/vcredist folder in my PoE map.
"
sebeke wrote:

Uninstalled the x86 version. But I don't have a Path of Exile/_CommonRedist/vcredist folder in my PoE map.

Maybe the stand alone client differs from the Steam version. I play via Steam and the vcredist folder is there (Steam/SteamApps/Common/Path of Exile/_CommonRedist/vcredist/2010).

Recently I read that 64bit systems need the x86 version for 32bit applications too, so you should install it again. This was my fault, sorry for that, I'm not so familiar with 64bit systems. You can find the x86 version on the microsoft support page too.

What I experienced in the past: When playing other games and then starting PoE it produces Exception and Runtime Errors after a while. I always have to reset MVC++ first, then the Exceptions/Runtimes won't show up. I don't know whether PoE is just super sensitive regarding MVC or what it exactly is that causes the errors and why resetting MVC solves it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info