Two simple balance changes [LLD]

1. Allow leap slam to jump over traps

-Iv'e just tried playing melee recently and I can see the large disadvantage for melee when facing traps. Whether they are caster traps or puncture traps.

Traps just allow way to much kiting potential.

2. Blink arrow is insane, and very annoying to face. It is basically an instant lightning warp that does damage after it is used. In combination with smoke mine, it becomes near impossible to catch bow users. It needs an increased cool-down on it, like 2 seconds more.[/quote]

+1
+1

It is very nice to hear it from someone playing bow/blink/smoke mine. Playing vs. perma blink/smoke is not fun at all, it is just annoying, u cant catch the wind and you die on 1hit trap inbetween.

Cooldown needed for it as soon as possible.

Thx mate for such honest oppinion.
I feel like the thing you are forgetting here is that the blink arrow is the single best utility skill (smoke mine a close 2nd) of all MELEE builds. Nerfing the blink arrow by increasing cooldown wouldnt matter almost at all for melees but would be rather devastating for ranged builds.
Last edited by lapiz on Apr 1, 2015, 3:18:56 AM
as a melee, when someone blink arrows away, switch to a quill rain and use blink arrow on the location they did. yours will fire and land way faster than their high damage bow, sometimes you can even land at the location before they do.

unless they have a smoke mine still up they are dead
"
Pillowapnts wrote:
as a melee, when someone blink arrows away, switch to a quill rain and use blink arrow on the location they did. yours will fire and land way faster than their high damage bow, sometimes you can even land at the location before they do.

unless they have a smoke mine still up they are dead

All a bower needs to do is barrage half a second against a melee with a bow out and fight is over.
^ often you dont even need to have your bow out and fight is over in half a second vs a barrage.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
the more this discussion continues, the more i am convinced that damage is still the main issue here.

as andkamen put it, fights vs ranged builds can be over in seconds... that is a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info